Alkaline – Butternut Squash Fries. In this video, I am making Fried Butternut Squash Fries, both regular and battered. Alkaline electric baked butternut squash french fries Electric Butternut Squash Fritters is a vegan and gluten free dish.
Butternut squash has more moisture than potatoes. Peel and de-seed your butternut squash. Cut it up into french fry shapes. You can have Alkaline – Butternut Squash Fries using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Alkaline – Butternut Squash Fries
- You need 1 of butternut squash.
- Prepare of Sea salt (season to your taste).
- Prepare of Grape seed oil.
- It’s of Baking sheet pan.
- You need of Ketchup (create your own or store bought).
Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Cut the bottom off of the butternut squash so you have an easy cutting surface. Use a sharp knife or a peeler to remove the skin of the butternut squash. Cut the squash in half, remove the seeds, and cut into fry-size strips.
Alkaline – Butternut Squash Fries step by step
- Peel butternut squash and slice into fries.
- Put in bowl and lightly coat fries with grape seed oil and sea salt. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Place fries on baking sheet pan and let bake for 15-20 mins until soft, (for the last minute you can put oven on broil to give it a crunchy taste) remove and enjoy! 😃.
Toss the fries in a large bowl with the coconut oil, dill, and salt. Using a crinkle cutter or a knife, carefully cut squash into spears or French-fry shapes. Thoroughly blot moisture away with paper towels, and sprinkle evenly with salt. I am sure you can use other squash, but I like butternut because it has the right shape for cutting fries out of, and it is nice and firm. I am sure that there are many variations to be had for this recipe.