Butternut squash bisque. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Find Deals on Butternut Bisque in Light & Electric on Amazon. Dutch oven melt butter over medium-high heat.
In the saucepan, melt butter, add onion and garlic. Rice is used as a thickener in this lusciously creamy (but cream-free) healthy butternut squash bisque. This soup is very easy to prepare, but you can make it even easier by buying precut butternut squash rather than cutting it up yourself. You can cook Butternut squash bisque using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut squash bisque
- You need of Small to medium yellow onion chopped.
- You need 1 of small red bell chopped.
- You need 3 of large garlic minced.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped carrots.
- It’s of Medium butternut squash chunked.
- You need 2 of red Chile’s chopped.
- It’s 3 oz of packaged real bacon pieces.
- You need 8 oz of heavy cream.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of real maple syrup.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Yellow curry powder and 1 tsp turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
Serve the soup as a light entree with crusty bread and a salad, or as a starter for a holiday meal. Add the squash, broth and ginger; bring to a boil. In a blender or food processor, puree squash mixture in small batches until smooth; return to pan. This vegetarian Roasted Butternut Squash Bisque recipe is super easy to make and tastes lusciously delicious.
Butternut squash bisque instructions
- Melt butter and add onions, peppers, Chile pepper, garlic and bacon and season with salt and pepper, sweat the veggies way down..
- Add the carrots, squash and stir, add curry, ginger, turmeric, syrup, brown sugar, salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover and turn to low and simmer until veggies are tender (about 45 minutes) taste for seasoning..
- Add mixture to a processor until smooth and the I work it through a sieve to ensure it’s silky and then add back to the pot and keep warm..
This butternut squash soup is clean eating, gluten-free, and paleo, and can easily be converted to be vegan, dairy-free as well. Perfect for a cozy Fall or Winter dinner! Roasted Butternut Squash Bisque Savory-sweet roasted butternut, silky cream and the combination of baking and curry spices create dynamic flavor in this fall soup recipe. We love it for its versatility and ease—sometimes I go more curry-forward-with-a-kick from chili powder, or lean more on a fall profile of cinnamon and nutmeg. Raise heat under pot to medium-high.