Butternut Squash Soup. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines.
Ready in an hour and freezes well. This Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free, easy to make, and SO delicious! Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! You can cook Butternut Squash Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- It’s 2 (12 ounce) of packages frozen peeled, diced butternut squash (5 cups).
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 2 cups of vegetable broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1 cup of Almond Breeze Original almond milk or Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened almond milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper.
- It’s 4 teaspoons of sliced green onion, divided.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It’s of Coarsely ground black pepper.
- It’s 4 teaspoons of toasted pumpkin seeds, divided.
The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best! When this time of year rolls around I've always got a few butternut squashes sitting on the counter to cook with so I'm often looking for new things to add them too. Making soup from butternut squash is one of our go-to moves during the fall.
Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Cook squash according to package instructions; set aside..
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until softened..
- Stir in the cooked squash and vegetable broth. Remove from heat. Transfer to a blender and process 1 minute or until smooth. Return mixture to pan. Return pan to heat. Stir in almond milk, lemon juice, salt, ginger, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until soup is heated through..
- Divide among 4 bowls and top each with 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds, 1 teaspoon green onions, and pepper..
Fortunately for you, it could not be easier. Easy homemade butternut squash soup is naturally thick and creamy, perfect for the season when squash is available in abundance. Full of butternut flavour, this soup is perfect for when you're. This roasted butternut squash soup is made with creamy coconut milk and jalapeños for a fiery kick! It is dairy-free, vegetarian, and absolutely delicious.