Yummy butternut soup (home made). Cut squash in half, length-wise, remove seeds and lightly cover with olive oil sea salt and pepper. Butternut Squash Soup Recipes Savory, sweet and nutritious, butternut squash is versatile and delicious. We've chosen some of our favorite recipes that showcase this seasonal vegetable.
I usually make a double or triple quantity of the soup then freeze the remainder in smaller portions, perfect for defrosting and serving as a quick lunch or dinner. Now you can make butternut squash soup recipe in just half the time in the IP! Quick, easy, velvety smooth and so so cozy. You can have Yummy butternut soup (home made) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yummy butternut soup (home made)
- You need 3/4 of of butternut.
- It’s 2 of red onions.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare of Chicken stock.
This is hands down one of my favorite feel-good, soul-warming soups. Loaded with sweet butternut squash, caramelized onions, carrots, celery, Granny Smith apple, garlic, sage and thyme – all topped with crisp bacon bits. *I strongly recommend using Roasted Butternut Squash in this recipe, as the caramelization that happens when roasting the squash in cubes makes a huge flavor difference in the soup. I often make a double batch, one for eating, and one batch for this soup. The golden color, smooth and creamy texture and wonderful taste of this soup make it a welcome addition to a chilly fall day.
Yummy butternut soup (home made) step by step
- Peel and wash the butternut and onions..
- Then cut the butternut and onions into slices then cubes..
- Heat the butter in medium heat and put the onions into the pot then slowly add the butternut into the mix..
- Add 1/4 of salt,1 tsp of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar then slowly mix then add chicken stock and let it sit in the pot for 20 minutes..
- Next add 1/2 cup of milk and wait for a bit..
- Then pour the mixture into a blender and blend..
- Now put on plate and enjoy!!.
It has a slightly tangy flavor from the gingerroot, and the sweet cinnamon really comes through. —Jackie Campbell, Stanhope, New Jersey The only change I made to this recipe was to oven roast a whole squash instead of a half. I left everything else the same. This was honestly the best butternut squash soup I have ever tasted!!!! Butternut soup with coconut milk and tomato – This spicy soup is offset by the creamy coconut soup and is a really unique recipe. Honey roasted butternut and orange soup – Orange and sage go beautifully in this soup, topped off with crunchy pumpkin seeds.