Sweet and Smoky Butternut Squash. Smoky Sweet Butternut Squash Chili with Chickpeas & Apples. This butternut squash chili is loaded with sweet-tart apples, hearty chickpeas and warming spices for an unexpectedly toasty flavor that's sure to warm you up. Air-Fryer Sweet and Smoky Pork Tenderloin with Butternut Squash.
Butternut squash is the base for all kinds of recipes. By smoking butternut squash, it picks up a whole new dimension of flavors. The smoky flavor of this squash will make any dish it is used in all the better. You can have Sweet and Smoky Butternut Squash using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet and Smoky Butternut Squash
- It’s 1 of medium butternut squash.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper, ground cumin, smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of ground coriander.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of each ground cinnamon, cayenne pepper.
Best of all, you get to decide how smokey to make it. Sweet, tender and slightly smoky, butternut squash (Cucurbita moschata) makes a versatile fall and winter vegetable. Add the squash, sweet potatoes, regular potato, and water or stock, and bring to a simmer. It's very sweet and rich, so it's the perfect thing to go with a soft goat cheese.
Sweet and Smoky Butternut Squash instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking tray (or two smaller ones) with foil and grease it. Set it aside..
- Prepare the squash by peeling it, removing the seeds and slicing into even sized cubes. Place the squash cubes in a large bowl..
- Drizzle the oil over the squash, then sprinkle over the seasonings and use a wooden spoon to toss it all together to evenly coat everything..
- Place the squash onto the prepared baking tray(s). You want to spread it out somewhat so it roasts rather than steams..
- Place it in the oven for 13 minutes, then flip and return to the oven for an additional 13 or so minutes, until it has begun to develop a nice, golden hue and is tender..
- Serve immediately and enjoy!.
We spread slices of rustic bread with a very assertive goat cheese and. Try this delicious Butternut Squash and Smoky Black Bean Salad, that has a smoky kick from the dressing made with adobo sauce, for your next gathering. Butternut squash is medium to large in size and has a bell-like shape with a long neck attached to a bulbous end. Sweet and savory, this Butternut Squash Stuffing features smoky bacon and fresh sage. Lorraine Pascale's vegetable lasagne has soft butternut squash and a comforting creamy white sauce.