Butternut Squash Soup. Enjoy Our Tasty Butternut Squash Bisque Made with Apple and Cinnamon! Cooking & baking supplies and more. Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree.
Return the pureed soup to the pan and add the cream. Cook and stir until heated through. Editor's tip: If your soup is looking a little thin after pureeing, we suggest making a roux by whisking together two tablespoons of olive oil with two tablespoons of flour. You can cook Butternut Squash Soup using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- It’s 1 of butternut squash.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of small onion chopped.
- You need 1/2 pkg of Philadelphia cream cheese.
- It’s 6 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Once the roux is smooth, whisk in a few tablespoons of soup to make a slurry, then stir the mixture into the. Cut squash into eight large pieces. Butternut Squash Soup Recipes Savory, sweet and nutritious, butternut squash is versatile and delicious. We've chosen some of our favorite recipes that showcase this seasonal vegetable.
Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- Slice the squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds..
- Roast squash until tender (about 1 hour) at 350 degrees..
- Let the squash cool and peel..
- Saute onion in 1Tbsp butter..
- Add the squash, cream cheese, chicken broth and cayenne pepper..
- Puree mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste..
Pour in enough of the chicken stock to cover vegetables. *I strongly recommend using Roasted Butternut Squash in this recipe, as the caramelization that happens when roasting the squash in cubes makes a huge flavor difference in the soup. I often make a double batch, one for eating, and one batch for this soup. This traditional butternut squash soup will go great with grilled cheese sandwiches and salads through the end of winter. Keep it in mind for the holidays, too. I designed this soup to complement typical Thanksgiving fare, like green beans and mashed potatoes.