Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup. Light and creamy, vegan butternut squash soup recipe. This simple butternut bisque is seasoned with Thai red curry paste and swirled with coconut milk. This soup isn't so spicy that it won't pair well with other foods.
Not even sure how that is possible considering that last year I definitely shared soup with my invisible internet friends almost once a week. This Thai Butternut Squash Soup made in the Instant Pot is what you have been waiting for. Curried Butternut Squash Soup – Add a tablespoon of curry powder in place of the red curry paste. You can have Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup
- You need 3 ounces of oil.
- You need 1 of each Vidalia onion-small dice.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic- chopped fine.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of ginger- chopped fine.
- It’s 1 of each butternut squash(about 2.5 pounds)-peeled,seeded and large dice.
- It’s 6 of small carrots- small dice.
- You need 1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Thai Red Curry Paste.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Try our butternut squash recipe with the punchy flavours of thai red curry for an easy winter warmer. Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over a medium heat and add the curry paste. This Thai-style butternut squash soup made with coconut milk is soothing and flavorful, and the heat from the ginger and spices will warm you right up. The Sriracha, peanuts, scallions and cilantro garnishes are not obligatory, but I love the vibrant flavors and textures — and they look pretty, too.
Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- Peel,seed and cut the butternut squash in large chunks,dice carrots and onions to a small dice..
- In a pot add the oil and sweat the onions in the stock pot for 5-10 minutes covered Med heat until translucent..
- Add the chopped garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots,squash and chicken stock in pot with the onions and bring to a simmer for about 20 minutes..
- When the carrots and the butternut squash are tender the soup should be carefully purred in a blender or food processor. This should be done in small batches and covered with a towel as not to spray hot soup all over you..
- Return to the sauce pan and add 1 can of coconut milk and red curry paste and bring to a light simmer..
- Adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper and brown sugar..
- Some people like it spicy so add addition red curry paste or any other type of hot spicy ingredient that you like..
- We add fried onions and chopped bacon as a garnish.
Curried butternut squash soup is simmered with coconut milk for a spicy Thai-inspired soup great for cold evenings. Love Thai flavors and I felt they would be a perfect match to play off the richness of a butternut squash soup. Curry, coconut, spicy are a wonderful to balance the richness of the squash. A creamy, dreamy, coconut thai butternut squash red curry perfect for weeknight dinners. This recipe is vegetarian friendly and so easy to make!