20 Minute Skillet: Penne with turkey, roasted butternut squash, and spinach. This butternut squash recipe is an easy and tasty dish and it's quick to prepare. Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup — Butternut squash is roasted on top of garlic cloves and fresh thyme then blended with stock into a silky smooth How to make an ultra-satisfying tofu scramble with spinach and tomatoes. Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
I personally like to cube the butternut Drizzle with oil and seasonings. The roasted cubes of butternut squash are then layered on a base of baby spinach, with chopped avocado, fluffy quinoa, and a squeeze of lemon juice. It's simple, but so delicious you won't even believe it. You can have 20 Minute Skillet: Penne with turkey, roasted butternut squash, and spinach using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 20 Minute Skillet: Penne with turkey, roasted butternut squash, and spinach
- It’s 1 of large butternut squash cubed (I buy already cubed squash when I can get it. Otherwise prep time exceeds 20 min!).
- Prepare to taste of Seasonings: garlic powder, thyme, paprika, pepper, salt.
- Prepare of Olive or avocado oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 of small onion diced.
- You need 6 cups of fresh spinach roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 12 oz of whole grain penne pasta.
- It’s of Chopped walnuts.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese and/or ricotta cheese.
Just make sure you season it properly. Quinoa and roasted squash will fall flat without a. Add penne and squash and toss gently, adding reserved pasta cooking liquid as necessary to. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss the almonds with the remaining teaspoon oil, then the cinnamon and cayenne.
20 Minute Skillet: Penne with turkey, roasted butternut squash, and spinach instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with avocado oil. Add cubed squash. Season with garlic powder, thyme, paprika, pepper. Mix well and bake for 15-20 min turning midway through.. You can broil for a few minutes. I like squash to be crispy and brown..
- Meanwhile in a non stick large skillet sauté garlic and onion in avocado oil (can substitute any healthy oil you like).
- Add ground turkey to pan and brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach to mixture and a dash of garlic powder..
- Once spinach has wilted down some add the wine and chicken broth. You can alter the liquids according to preference..
- While mixture simmers on a low flame add the pasta to boiling water in another pot..
- Cook pasta (Aldente) and drain, reserving some of the pasta water to add to skillet..
- Add walnuts to baking sheet and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with kosher salt..
- Add butternut squash and nuts to turkey mixture..
- Add pasta, pasta water and about 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese to skillet. (omit cheese for a cleaner dish).
- Stir mixture and serve with freshly grated Parmesan and/or ricotta cheese (again omit for a cleaner dish).
Toss in the spinach and sprinkle with the blue cheese. I don't have the patience to roast squash and this is a great way to get picky kids to eat healthy vegetables. cups peeled and cubed butternut squash. Cook bacon until crisp over medium heat in a large non-stick skillet. Using tongs, transfer pasta to skillet with juices, reserving pasta cooking liquid in pot. Add mussels and squash to skillet; toss.