Roasted Butternut Squash. Roasted butternut squash with garlic is a quick and easy side dish ready in less than an hour for a Not sure I'd roast butternut squash any other way after making this basic, non-fussy recipe. Roasted Butternut Squash is delicious enough to eat on its own as a side, or can be used as a starting point for recipes like Butternut Squash Soup or salads. Learn how to cut a butternut squash (safely!) with this step-by-step tutorial!
Jump to the Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe or watch our quick video showing you how we make it. Roasted butternut squash is simple to make and full of flavor. We usually make it with savory seasonings but you can also make butternut squash with warm spices like cinnamon or nutmeg. You can have Roasted Butternut Squash using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Butternut Squash
- It’s 2 medium of Butternut Squash.
- Prepare 1/3 stick of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of light brown sugar.
Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe. But today we're roasting the butternut squash, which gives so. For a simple roasted butternut squash you don't need much. Recipes developed by Vered DeLeeuw, CNC Nutritionally reviewed by Roasted butternut squash – crispy and caramelized on the outside, soft and buttery on the inside.
Roasted Butternut Squash step by step
- Preheat oven to 450Â°F. Line 2 baking trays with Parchment paper… Do not use foil or cooking spray, the squash will burn.
- The fun part…: Peel both squash with a good, strong and sharp knife and remove seeds and seed pulp. Cube squash in chunks no larger than an inch. Too big and it won't cook well, too small and it may burn. Generally I cut them into 3/4 inch cubes roughly. season lightly with salt and pepper. Put these in a large bowl for the next steps.
- in microve safe measuring glass, combine butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract and heat until butter is melted. You may also substitute pure maple syrup for the brown sugar, which is also very tasty.
- Pour butter mixtuire over the cubed squash, and stir until evenly covered, then pour onto the lined baking trays.
- Bake at 450 for 45 minutes, turning the squash occassionally until the squash is very tender begins to carmelize. The carmelization is absolutely key here. Don't be afraid to extend the baking time to achieve it if necessary.
- Place in a serving dish and wait for the accolades..
Fresh herbs and seasoning set off the sweetness of the butternut squash in this recipe. Wondering how to cook butternut squash? Let's talk all things butternut squash! We get questions about this ALLL the time. Roasted Butternut Squash from Barefoot Contessa.