Butternut squash, pecan sauté. Add the butternut squash and a large pinch of salt. Transfer the butternut squash mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. While the butternut squash mixture is roasting, heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the bacon.
Chop the tip and tail off the butternut squash and cut it in half length-wise. Scoop out the seeds and innards. If you're looking for a new low carb noodle option, try these Butternut Squash Noodles – a fun colorful swap for pasta. You can have Butternut squash, pecan sauté using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash, pecan sauté
- Prepare 2 1/4 lb of butternut squash.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1 cup of pecans.
You can enjoy them simply seasoned with salt, pepper and butter or olive oil, or you can add a sauce to them like Alfredo or marinara. Once you make the zoodles, you can boil, sauté or oven-roast them for a delicious fall-inspired low-carb noodles. Stir in brown sugar, salt, nutmeg and cayenne. Peel and chop your butternut squash into cubes.
Butternut squash, pecan sauté step by step
- Toast the pecans and set aside..
- Peel and slice the butternut squash..
- Heat a pan melt butter. Add the squash and sauté, 5 minutes. Add cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Mix well sauté for 10 minutes, till squash is tender, stirring occasionally..
- Add pecans and honey incorporate well..
- After 2 minutes, remove from heat, let sit 5 minutes. Serve hope you enjoy!.
Add the oil and the squash to your pan and cook over medium high heat. Add in the thyme and stir well. Cover your pan but stir every minute or so. Add in your sugar, cinnamom and cardamom mixture and continue to stir, keeping covered as often as you can. Once the squash is fork tender, adjust.