Butternut squash with pork loin. In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, pumpkin pie spice, and onion or garlic powder; rub seasoning on all sides of pork. Heat oil in a large skillet; brown pork on all sides in the hot oil. Place pork on squash in cooker.
Pork today is so lean, the meat will be dry and crumbly if overcooked, but there are a couple of tricks to help avoid that fate. The first is to turn the pork over halfway through the cooking time so the juices will concentrate in the center of the roast instead of settling on the bottom. Stir together the applesauce, mustard, soy sauce, sugar, and cinnamon. You can have Butternut squash with pork loin using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash with pork loin
- Prepare of main.
- Prepare 3 1/2 lb of butternut squash.
- It’s 3 lb of pork loin.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey I used Florida orange blossom.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- It’s of butternut squash.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper, fresh.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need of pork loin.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
Pour over the pork loin, then cover the pan with a lid or a double layer of aluminum foil. My family and friends LOVE this recipe. A package of pork chops that were on sale. I also put everything beside the cannelloni and butternut in the big crockpot and let it stew.
Butternut squash with pork loin step by step
- Preheat oven 450° Fahrenheit.
- Peel and remove seeds from squash. Cube into bite sized pieces. Add to roaster. Add salt, pepper, and butter..
- Score the pork loin and add honey and spices. Set roast on top of squash in roaster..
- Cut the onion into quarters. Slide some small pieces into scored parts of pork loin. Rest goes around pork on the butternut squash..
- Add 2 cups of water roast for an hour..
Since this pork loin recipe already includes vegetables, adding even one side makes a feast! HOW TO STORE & WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVERS. I love using leftover pork loin to make burritos and tacos, or even sandwiches with thick slices of bread. Season the pork tenderloin to taste. Brown the pork on all sides, and remove from the skillet.