Butternut squash, Brussel sprout sausage mixture. I love Brussels sprouts, and so does my family! Maple Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Butternut Squash are so simple to make but full of incredible flavor. They are crisp on the edges and soft and tender inside in a delicious maple glaze and surrounded by crunchy pecans and cranberries.
Roasted Balsamic Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts with cranberries, balsamic vinegar, and maple syrup makes an easy side dish perfect for Thanksgiving or any holiday gathering. If you asked me what my favorite foods were when I was younger, I can pretty much guarantee butternut squash. Balsamic roasted butternut squash, brussels sprouts and pomegranate combines a few of my favorite flavors in one simple dish. You can cook Butternut squash, Brussel sprout sausage mixture using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut squash, Brussel sprout sausage mixture
- Prepare 1/4 lb of sage sausage.
- You need 4 cup of Fresh Brussel sprouts quartered.
- You need 4 cup of Butternut Squash peeled and diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chili Flakes.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
- It’s of honey.
- You need 4 oz of feta cheese.
The combination of butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, cranberries, and pecans is a delicious dish that will add a special touch to any meal. Load butternut squash shells with an Italian turkey sausage and squash mixture for a quick and easy meal. Prep Brussels sprouts – Trim stems and remove outer leaves. If you try this brussels sprout & butternut squash recipe, please let me know!
Butternut squash, Brussel sprout sausage mixture step by step
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. . ..
- When the pan is hot, add a drizzle of olive oil followed by the sausage and chili flakes..
- Cook, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon until the sausage is nicely browned and mostly cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Next, add the butternut squash..
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until they start to get some color (5-8 minutes)..
- Next, add the Brussels sprouts and drizzle with honey.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 more minutes..
- Add the chicken stock and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze.
- top with feta cheese and drizzle with honey to serve..
- Remove from heat and cover to allow flavors to blend for 5min.
Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes Trim the bottom of the brussels sprouts and slice them in half lengthwise. If brussels sprouts are on the larger side, quarter them instead. Gorgeous sweet and spicy brussels and butternut squash are roasted with cayenne pepper, maple syrup and olive oil to golden crispy perfection. Then in goes crispy bacon (turkey or pork work), dried cranberries (or cherries!) and your absolute favorite crumbled cheese (i vote goat or gorgonzola).