Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup. How to Make Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup. Stir in Chicken Stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in chopped basil and orange rind.
Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lemon wedges. Stir in chicken broth, bring to boil. Butternut Squash Green Chile Chicken Soup. You can cook Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- It’s 6 of (4 oz) Skinless, Boneless Chicken thighs cut into small pieces.
- You need 2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground red pepper.
- Prepare 6 cup of Cubed / Peeled Butternut Squash.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- You need 8 cup of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Uncooked Couscous or Quinoa.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Sea salt.
- You need 1 of Zucchini quartered and sliced into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped Fresh Basil.
- Prepare 4 tsp of Grated Orange Rind or Lemon Peel.
One Pot Moroccan Chicken Stew with Sweet Potato & Couscous. Add tomatoes, broth, chickpeas, butternut squash, lentils, and salt and pepper. Pour in enough of the chicken stock to cover vegetables. Homemade butternut squash soup becomes more filling with the addition of chopped chicken thighs.
Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat..
- Add onion, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add chicken; cook for 4 minutes, browning on all sides..
- Add cumin, cinnamon, and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly..
- Add butternut squash and tomato paste; cook 1 minute..
- Stir in Chicken Stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes..
- Stir in couscous/quinoa, salt, and zucchini; cook 5 minutes or until squash is tender..
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in chopped basil and orange rind/lemon peel..
Bright butternut squash gives beta-carotene, vitamin C, and fiber to this satisfying homemade soup. This butternut squash soup has a secret ingredient—a tart green apple. It adds just the right balance for the squash. How to Make this Butternut Squash Soup. This recipe is simple and easy, starting with a base of chopped onions, celery, and carrots.