Butternut squash casserole with PLT. This delicious butternut squash casserole made with maple syrup, butter and pecans is the perfect side dish for a Thanksgiving meal. Similar to this Potato Leek Casserole this winter squash gratin dish is rich and decadent and will complement any meal. This post may contain affiliate links.
A few years ago I came across a. This butternut squash casserole is made with cooked and mashed squash, maple syrup, butter, and pecans. If you have a butternut squash left over from your market haul and are not sure what do with it, look no further! You can cook Butternut squash casserole with PLT using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash casserole with PLT
- It’s 3 lb of butternut squash, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 of leeks, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sage.
- You need of liquid.
- Prepare 6 large of eggs.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of half and half or cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 4 cup of cubed ciabatta bread,1/2 in. dice.
- It’s 4 oz of proscuitto, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
This butternut squash casserole is a simple combination of mashed. Spread the squash on a Review Body: Frustrating that Food & Wine specifically includes this recipe in a collection of great make-ahead casseroles but doesn't give any. This Butternut Squash Casserole hits all of those prerequisites. Butternut squash isn't something my family usually has on Thanksgiving, but this casserole is a more savory spin on the traditional sweet potato casserole that's a holiday staple in so many households—it's different, but not in a "hey guys.
Butternut squash casserole with PLT instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss squash with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 25 min., cool..
- Cut roots off leeks, split in half lengthwise, remove tough outer leaves and slice thinly. Rinse well and drain well..
- Melt butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet on med. Heat. Add in leeks and saute til tender, over med to med low heat. Add sage when taking it off heat..
- Cube bread and slice proscuitto..
- Mix all liquid ingredients together, add bread cubes and prosciutto, season lightly with salt and pepper. Let bread soak 10 min. In liquid..
- In 2 qt casserole, place squash, leeks and liquid mix. Blend all together very well. Bake at 400°F for 1 hour. Rest casserole on counter 15 min. Before eating..
This butternut squash casserole is similar to traditional sweet potato casserole, but has a very pleasant twist on flavor that's sure to become a family favorite. The butternut squash gives it just a little something different, and the sweet, nut topping gives it a delicious bit of crunch. When Mom didn't couldn't get sweet potatoes in Zimbabwe, she substituted this creamy casserole, adding sweetness and spice to butternut squash. Place squash in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Butternut squash quinoa casserole is full of vegetables and makes a delicious vegetarian, gluten-free, and vegan friendly casserole for the whole family.