TX's Style ~ Butternut Squash Casserole. Photo: Aaron Kirk; Prop Styling: Sarah-Elizabeth Cleveland; Food Styling: Julia Levy. This is an easy squash casserole recipe to have in your repertoire for whipping up for the Church potluck or for when you're asked to bring a side that serves eight to ten. Squash casserole is a classic meat-and-three side dish, binding mild summer squash with a creamy cheddar sauce and topped with a crunchy Fresh in-season squash is the star of Southern-style casserole, and it's baked with just the right amount of egg and cheese to bind it together.
Squash Casserole is a one of those recipes that you'll find for nearly every holiday, reunion, or special occasion when my family gets together. This butternut squash casserole is made with cooked and mashed squash, maple syrup, butter, and pecans. If you have a butternut squash left over from your market haul and are not sure what do with it, look no further! You can cook TX's Style ~ Butternut Squash Casserole using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of TX's Style ~ Butternut Squash Casserole
- It’s 1/2 lb of Butternut squash.
- You need 1/4 cup of Stick butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon.
This butternut squash casserole is a simple combination of mashed butternut. Yellow Squash Casserole is a classic Southern side dish. Sliced squash is baked in a cheesy cream sauce and topped with a buttery cracker crumble. How many cups are in a yellow squash?
TX's Style ~ Butternut Squash Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut squash in half and place face down in a microwave dish, add 1/4 cup of water, cover and microwave on high until squash is soft, repeat with the other half.
- Scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Scoop out the squash into a bowl and slightly mash, then place squash in oven proof dish.
- In another bowl mix remaining ingredients, except for cinnamon.
- Pour over top of squash and then sprinkle cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 to 30 min uncovered.
This classic Southern-style squash casserole recipe is the one you're always looking for. It's got yellow squash, cheese, and eggs, and is covered with a buttery cracker crumb topping. My favorite recipe for squash casserole EVER, and this is coming from a family full of awesome southern cooks. This Easy Southern Squash Casserole will knock your socks off! It has yellow squash, butter, Ritz crackers, and cheese.all things delicious.