Brad's baked butternut squash. This baked maple and brown sugar butternut squash might just convert squash-haters in your family. The lightly spiced veggie is a tasty side dish. Pour water into dish around squash halves.
Baked Butternut Squash that only requires a few ingredients and is so easy to make. Learn how to bake butternut squash that's perfectly crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Season with salt and pepper and place a teaspoon of butter in the middle of each squash and season as desired. You can have Brad's baked butternut squash using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's baked butternut squash
- It’s 1 of lg butternut squash.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 of stick of unsalted butter. softened.
- It’s 1/4 cup of light brown sugar..
- You need 1 tsp of each, ground cinnamon, ground ginger.
Baked Whole Butternut Squash is much easier to make than you may think. Try this easy-to-make recipe and your house will smell fabulous as this squash bakes. This technique is so easy and so healthy! Butternut squash is one of my favorites, the rich orange squash bakes well.
Brad's baked butternut squash step by step
- Cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Remove the guts and seeds..
- Place in a shallow baking dish. Brush with oil..
- Bake at 350 for around 45 minutes. Remove when fork easily inserts into the center.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl until well combined..
- When squash is done, top with butter mix and let melt. Enjoy..
Betty demonstrates how to make Brown Sugar Baked Butternut Squash. This is an easy and showy side dish for your dinner table. Simple roasted butternut squash with cinnamon, brown sugar and a little cayenne. We love butternut squash and this recipe is our favorite way to cook it! We know cutting up winter squash, especially butternut squash, can be tricky. (Don't worry, in our recipe below, we share how we do it and you.