Sautéed Red Cabbage, Collard Greens and Potatoes. Cabbage and collard greens are fried with plenty of smoky bacon, seasoned with greens seasoning, and simmered until meltingly tender. All Reviews for Smothered Collard Greens and Cabbage.. Greens, Mustard Greens, & Collard Greens, & Cabbage with Smoked Turkey Legs, in the Slow Следующее.
Collard refers to certain loose-leafed cultivars of Brassica oleracea, the same species as many common vegetables, including cabbage (Capitata Group) and broccoli (Botrytis Group). A member of the cabbage family, collards are potent cancer fighters like their kin. Add collard greens and cabbage, and toss to coat. You can cook Sautéed Red Cabbage, Collard Greens and Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sautéed Red Cabbage, Collard Greens and Potatoes
- You need 3 strips of Bacon.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Diced Onions.
- Prepare 2 of Russet Potatoes cut into 1/2in cubes, unpeeled.
- It’s 3 cups of Collard Greens, chopped into small pieces.
- Prepare 2 cups of grated or chopped Red Cabbage.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare Pinch of Sugar.
- It’s of Garlic Salt.
- You need of Ground Black Pepper.
The flavor of raw collard greens combines perfectly with tender roasted sweet potatoes and tangy, rich goat cheese in this hearty starter. Collard Greens can be a little tricky. If you don't wash them correctly, they can have sand hidden in them. There is nothing more awful than taking a bite of collards and Southern Crockpot Green Beans and Potatoes.
Sautéed Red Cabbage, Collard Greens and Potatoes instructions
- Fry 3 strips of bacon in a large pan. When done remove to drain on paper towels..
- Add diced onions to the large pan, season with garlic salt and black pepper. Fry diced onions in the leftover bacon grease, until translucent.
- Add diced potatoes to the onions and season with garlic salt and black pepper. Fry until lightly crispy..
- Stir collard greens, red cabbage and red wine vinegar into the potatoes and onions. Season with garlic salt and black pepper. Cover with a lid. Cook until cabbage is tender (about 7 mins) uncovering and stirring often. Then remove from heat..
- Chop the three bacon strips into small crumbles. Stir into the the pan and serve hot..
Potatoes and cabbage have been sustenance foods in Ireland for ages—during Medieval times these ingredients were readily available to the common man. There are many variations—some including kale instead of cabbage, some with leeks in addition to the greens, and some recipes baked in a. Basic requirements Collard greens are a cool season crop that grow best in cool, moist conditions. Cutworms have a wide host range and attack vegetables including asparagus, bean, cabbage and other crucifers, carrot, celery, corn, lettuce, pea, pepper, potato and tomato. In a large skillet, melt butter, then add onions and crushed red pepper flakes, saute.