Stir-Fried Napa Cabbage (Wongbok). Napa cabbage or wong bok is a sweet-tasting hearted-type of Chinese cabbage. It is barrel-shaped, with tightly-wrapped leaves and a dense heart. Napa cabbage can be steamed, boiled, quickly stir-fried, or eaten raw.
This stir-fried Napa cabbage recipe is super simple. Chinese Napa is sweeter, more delicate than regular cabbage, which means kids totally dig this veg. It is easy to prepare and delicious to eat. You can cook Stir-Fried Napa Cabbage (Wongbok) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stir-Fried Napa Cabbage (Wongbok)
- It’s of Napa Cabbage (Wongbok).
- You need of Shitake Mushroom.
- Prepare of Carrots.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
- It’s of Garlic.
- Prepare of Abalone Sauce.
- Prepare of Starch Powder.
Garlic, light soy and dried shrimps add flavour to the dish. Napa cabbage is packed with vitamins and minerals essential for health. Napa cabbage (also called by its Chinese name, sui choy) is stir-fried with chili paste and fresh garlic and then finished with rice wine or dry sherry and a bit of sugar. Stir-fried Napa Cabbage – A simple and delightful dish-stir-fried napa cabbage with dried shrimp (and straw mushrooms).
Stir-Fried Napa Cabbage (Wongbok) instructions
- Wash the Wongbok with water and vinegar..
- Wash the Shitake mushroom and carrots and cut them into small slices..
- Prepare some garlic, cut and flatten them with the knife, before placing them into a wok with minimal cooking oil..
- Add in all the vegetables into the wok. Add in some abalone sauce..
- Add half a spoon of salt. And stir them with the spatula..
- Prepare a small bowl of water with half a spoon of starch powder..
- Your awesome and healthy tasting stir-fried Wongbok is now ready!.
I served my napa cabbage with a dollop of garlic oil and fried garlic on top of this dish. It infused the serving with garlicky aroma. 'Wong Bok' is a tender, sweet tasting, hearted-type of Chinese cabbage. Barrel-shaped, with crisp, pale green, tightly-wrapped leaves with a white Napa Chinese cabbage can be steamed whole, finely cut into slices for a salad, or cut coarsely for a stir-fry. Stir-fry for one to two minutes until the cabbage begins to wilt, then add the salt and wine/soy sauce mixture. Cover and cook over high heat for one minute until just wilted.