Simple sweet and sour Napa cabbage#mommasrecipes. How to Roasting Sweet and Sour Napa Cabbage. If you're looking for a new way to cook napa cabbage, you've got lots of options. A sweet and sour dressing is the perfect thing for this very Asian cabbage salad.
Caramelizing cabbage under the broiler draws out its natural sugars and deepens the flavor of the glaze. Napa cabbage can withstand long cooking. I like to use the whole leaves in hot pots or chaffing dishes. You can have Simple sweet and sour Napa cabbage#mommasrecipes using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple sweet and sour Napa cabbage#mommasrecipes
- It’s 10 of Napa cabbage leaves.
- You need 2 of Garlic colve.
- It’s 5 of Goji berry.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sweet potato starch.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cold water.
- It’s of Fish sauce or salt.
- You need to taste of Honey or sugar.
- It’s 2 Tsp of rice wine.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of dark rice vinegar.
- Prepare 3 Tsp of olive oil.
The napa cabbage is known in Chinese as 北京白菜 (bei jing bai cai) or peking cabbage. This Sweet and Sour Cabbage recipe with bacon is loaded with flavor and will wake up every taste Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is! Sweet and Sour Cabbage with Bacon. We might have ham and cabbage but that's not real Irish, either.
Simple sweet and sour Napa cabbage#mommasrecipes instructions
- Rinse napa cabbages in running water and soak for 10 minutes and rinse again..
- Cut cabbage leaves into 1 inch width and set aside. Smash garlic cloves and mince them..
- Heat up olive oil and fry mince garlic for a few second until aromat. Add cabbage leaves and saute until wither for about 2 mins. Add wine, fish sauce and a little bit water and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes or longer until the leaves are very tender..
- While waiting prepare the thickening sauce by mixing 2 tsp of starch into 1/2 cup of water. Add a tsp or two of honey depend on your taste and 1 Tsp of dark rice vinegar. Pour gently into the wok and stir. Adjust seasoning to reach your desired degree of saltiness, sweetness and sourness. Serve with rice or porridge..
For something simple, I'd just make. Napa cabbage (also called Chinese cabbage) is great sliced and sautéed with onions and garlic. For a caramelized flavor, cut the cabbage into wedges and roast them until the cabbage is tender. Drizzle them with a sweet and sour sauce before serving. You can even throw wedges of cabbage on a hot.