Sauted cabbage in garlic and olive sauce #mommasrecipes. In a skillet or wok, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Reduce heat; add soy sauce, sugar and pepper. Put all the ingredients into a large saucepan on a medium heat and cover.
Not all cabbages are made for a quick saute like this, the best cabbage suit for this recipe is called Taiwanese flat cabbage. Over medium heat sauté onions in oil until golden brown, stirring often, add garlic and sauté for just one minute. Add the cabbage, garlic, and the salt. You can have Sauted cabbage in garlic and olive sauce #mommasrecipes using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sauted cabbage in garlic and olive sauce #mommasrecipes
- It’s 4 cups of hand tored taiwanese flat cabbage leaves.
- You need 5 of black or green olives, minced.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of tarmari sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of rice wine.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need 3 Tsp of olive oil.
The cabbage will wilt down as it cooks, so don't worry if the pan looks too full. Cook, stirring occasionally until the cabbage is tender and some of the cabbage begins to turn a light brown. Like these Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts (which are a relative of the cabbage, go figure!), raw cabbage is fairly ho-hum and usually serves as a vehicle for greater goods (ahem, dressing). Sautéed Cabbage changes all of that.
Sauted cabbage in garlic and olive sauce #mommasrecipes step by step
- Hand tore cabbage leaves into a large basin and rinse them with running water. Drain excessive water and set aside to air dry..
- Heat up the wok with olive oil and add minced garlic and olives. Sautee a few seconds until aromatic. Dump in all cabbage leaves and saute quickly until all leaves are withered for about 30 seconds..
- Add tamari sauce and wine, taste the saltiness and adjust seasoning with salt or fish sauce if needed. Plate and serve hot..
Add a bit of olive oil, butter, heat, and a surprise final ingredient, and the cabbage is transformed into something I would serve to the best of company. In a large skillet , heat olive oil (or butter) over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and shredded cabbage (may need to do this in stages once some cabbage has wilted down already, depending on how big your pan is). You will need a few basic ingredients plus a seasoning sauce to have the best cabbage recipe: Fresh cabbage. This secret ingredient is amazing; I use it lot in my kitchen.