"Unstuffed cabbage". Unstuffed cabbage rolls made with ground beef, cabbage, and diced tomatoes are a family-pleasing main dish perfect for weeknights. These Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls make the perfect weeknight dinner recipe! Why do all the work of the traditional cabbage rolls when you can have this easy version with a fraction of the time and effort?
These UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS have all the flavor of a traditional cabbage roll with minimal work! This low carb cabbage rolls recipe is super filling and totally easy for busy nights! I made this in the Instant Pot but you can easily make this on the stove, simply double the cooking time. You can have "Unstuffed cabbage" using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of "Unstuffed cabbage"
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need 3 spoonfuls of minced garlic.
- It’s A few of slices of green pepper.
- It’s Half of head green cabbage.
- Prepare 3/4 of of a yellow onion.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 14.5 oz of can of chicken broth.
- Prepare 14.5 oz of can of diced tomatoes w/ green chilies.
- You need 8 oz of can tomato sauce.
- You need of Worcester sauce.
- Prepare of Teriyaki sauce.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked white rice (pref medium grain).
I added some cooked rice to them as my parents always make stuffed. My three year old has really been into soup lately. When my youngest saw me make this easy unstuffed cabbage soup recipe, she wanted to eat it immediately. Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole is everything you love about a traditional cabbage roll recipe, minus the tedious Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole.
"Unstuffed cabbage" instructions
- Pour some olive oil in a deep pan. Chop onion, pepper & cabbage. Add garlic, onion, pepper & cabbage into pan. Sprinkle with a little more olive oil, add salt, pepper & garlic powder to your taste. Saute on medium hit until soft (about 5-10min).
- Add ground beef. Change heat to medium-high. Brown meat. Sprinkle salt, pepper & garlic powder..
- Add chicken broth, can of tomatoes, can of tomato sauce, 3 splashes of teriyaki, 5 splashes of Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle salt, pepper & garlic powder..
- Bring to a boil. Add 1 cup rice and extra seasonings if needed. Put lid on & reduce heat to low. Let cook 25-30min. Stir at 15 & 20 min mark..
- Check at 25min, if rice is still not done, cook for another 5min. Enjoy!.
Being born and raised in Ukraine, I know a. This flavorful "unstuffed cabbage" is a simmered ground beef and cabbage combination made with Savoy cabbage is another option for this casserole. While it is milder in flavor than green cabbage. Unstuffed cabbage casserole is the perfect way to enjoy lazy cabbage rolls! Ground beef, pork, rice, and a cabbage layer with a tomato sauce make this the easiest way to enjoy cabbage rolls!