Cabbage Rolls. Discover hundreds of ways to save on your favorite products. I've always enjoyed cabbage rolls but didn't make them since most methods were too complicated. This recipe is fairly simple and results in the best cabbage rolls.
Roll up, tucking in sides to completely enfold meat. Place folded side down in a greased baking dish. Mix together brown sugar, lemon juice and tomato sauce. You can have Cabbage Rolls using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cabbage Rolls
- It’s of Cabbage.
- It’s of Minced meat.
- It’s of Cooked rice.
- Prepare of Chopped onions.
- It’s of Black peppers.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Ginger/garlic paste.
- You need of Tomatoes sauce.
- It’s of Water.
Stuffed with hearty ingredients like seasoned ground beef, onions and rice, these delicious cabbage rolls baked with tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese make for a perfect comfort food meal during the cold winter months, and are a nice departure from your typical pasta dishes and hearty casseroles. Place them in a large baking dish. Their advice: Use small, new cabbages as they will be more tender, easier to roll & cook better. The magic about cabbage rolls is that the meat and the rice cook in the cabbage itself.
Cabbage Rolls instructions
- Add cabbage to a sauce pan and cook for 5 minutes or until softened;drain..
- In a medium mixing bowl combine cooked rice, minced meat, chopped onions, black pepper, ginger/garlic, salt and mix together..
- Divide meat mixture to the among the cabbage leaves and roll..
- In a skillet, add the tomatoes sauce layer followed by the cabbage rolls and add the tomatoes sauce again over the top. cover and bring to boil in a medium heat. Simmer for about 30-40 minutes and enjoy..
To ensure even cooking, don't use the outermost leaves of the cabbage—they don't have as much moisture. The sauce is a simple mixture of tomato sauce, tomatoes, and seasonings. Place the cabbage rolls side by side in rows, seam-side down, in a casserole pan. Pour the remaining sweet and sour tomato sauce over the cabbage rolls. Cabbage rolls can vary depending on the origin, the Polish version usually contains meat and rice while the Ukrainian version generally contains only rice.