Cabbage Poriyal. Cabbage poriyal recipe with step by step photos – lightly spiced, sauteed and steamed cabbage recipe from South Indian cuisine. Cabbage poriyal is a famous side dish from South India where cabbage is tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves and some lentils. It is finally topped with some freshly grated coconut. cabbage poriyal or cabbage palya video recipe finally, serve cabbage poriyal along with hot steamed rice or chapathi.
The cabbage provides essential vitamins and nutrients like vitamins A,C, and D. Certain cabbages have more vitamin C than even. Cabbage Poriyal is a popular dish of southern part of Tamilnadu. You can have Cabbage Poriyal using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cabbage Poriyal
- Prepare 1 of small size cabbage, shredded.
- You need 1-2 tbsp. of oil.
- You need 2 of dry red chilies.
- It’s 1 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of chana dal.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of split urad dal.
- It’s 2 of slit green chilies.
- Prepare 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of asafoetida.
- You need 1 tbsp. of roasted peanuts (opt).
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- You need 2-3 tbsp. of coriander leaves, chopped (opt).
This is a yummy and an easy to make cabbage dish that is tossed with lots of other yummy vegetables making it a healthy meal. Cabbage Poriyal (Indian Style Sauteed Cabbage): A traditional healthy low fat side-dish with cabbage. Cabbage poriyal is served with rice and curry. Cut the cabbage into fine bits.
Cabbage Poriyal instructions
- Heat oil in a pan & temper with mustard seed and dry red chilies. After it stops spluttering, add chana dal, urad dal, green chilies, asafoetida and curry leaves. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add the cabbage, roasted peanuts (opt), salt and 1/4 cup water..
- Cover and cook on a low flame till done. Stir at intervals..
- Switch off the flame. Add the coconut and coriander leaves (opt)..
- Serve as a side dish with either rice or chapattis. It goes very well with curd-rice or sambar-rice..
Cabbage – one small size or. Similar Recipes, Purple cabbage stir fry Cabbage Soup Purple Cabbage Tikki Ridge Gourd Egg. Carrot Cabbage Poriyal, Carrot Kose Poriyal Recipe. This is an everyday South Indian Tamilnadu style stir-fry Carrot Cabbage Poriyal served during lunch time. Cabbage poriyal recipe with video and step by step photos.