Cabbage,Beetroot & Carrot Stirfry. Technically, borscht is any stew-type of soup. The best-known kind in the U. S., however, is made with beets and is a brilliant red color.
This cabbage and beet salad is worth discovering. It tastes a little like marinated cabbage salad (a type of sauerkraut), with a little sweetness from the beets. The natural hue will surprise and intrigue your dinner guests, especially if they aren't from Eastern Europe where beets are used in strange and delicious ways. You can cook Cabbage,Beetroot & Carrot Stirfry using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cabbage,Beetroot & Carrot Stirfry
- You need 1 cup of Cabbage (shredded).
- You need 1 of medium Beetroot (shredded).
- Prepare 1 of medium Carrot (shredded).
- You need 1 of small Onion (chopped).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Grated Coconut.
- You need 2 of medium Green Chilies (Crushed).
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oil.
The Best Green Cabbage And Beets Recipes on Yummly In a large, heavy-bottomed pan, layer up a handful of the cabbage, onions, apples and beetroot with the spices and sprinkle with some of the sugar, repeating with the layers until all the ingredients are used up. Mix lightly with the shredded cabbage. Mix lightly to coat all the salad ingredients with the dressing.
Cabbage,Beetroot & Carrot Stirfry instructions
- Heat oil in a pan..
- Add onion and cook till soften..
- Now add green chili, coriander powder and cumin powder..
- Cook for a while..
- Add shredded vegetables, turmeric powder, salt and cook for 2 minutes..
- Into it, add water then cook till soft..
- Now add grated coconut and mix it well..
- Serve hot with rice or chapattis.
Cover with plastic wrap and chill until needed. Full of good healthy good bacteria that will energize the body and help heal the gut. Henri Matisse Making sauerkraut at home doesn't have to be a big ordeal. Mix together the vinegar, lemon juice, oil and seasoning and pour over the cabbage mixture. Mix well, then stir in the pomegranate and parsley just before serving.