Chicken Liver And Brandy Pâté. Stir in thyme, pepper, cream, brandy and melted butter. Spoon mixture into a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Mix shallots, garlic, thyme, and a knob of butter in a pan at medium heat.
Though usually bought, chicken liver pate is a quick and easy recipe to do at home in a food processor. Chicken liver pate is surprisingly easy to make yourself. The result is a hundred times better than the supermarket varieties. You can cook Chicken Liver And Brandy Pâté using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Liver And Brandy Pâté
- Prepare 10 of Or so chicken livers.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 3 of Rashers of smoked streaky bacon.
- It’s 50 grams of Salted butter.
- It’s 3 pinch of Fresh sage leaves.
- It’s 3 of Thyme sprigs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Good brandy.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt and black pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Dried mixed herbs for garnish.
- You need 1/2 small of white onion or 2-3 shallots.
Its softer and so much more full of flavour. The first time I have ever had this chicken and liver pate with brandy, it was in a French restaurant in the town where I live. The restaurant was called 'La Petite Auberge'. It was long time ago, and I have had lots of beautiful French food there, but unfortunately, it is no.
Chicken Liver And Brandy Pâté instructions
- Melt half the butter in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook till the onion is softened but not browned.
- Chop 1 piece of the bacon, add to the pan with the chicken livers, sage, thyme, salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes till the livers are browned..
- Add the brandy and cook till the livers are cooked through. Whole process should take about 10 – 12 minutes..
- Transfer the pan contents to a food processor and blend till fluffy. Set aside and allow to cool..
- In the same pan, add the rest of the butter and fry the remaining bacon in it but not till it's crispy! Bacon should be cooked but still pliable..
- Transfer the p?t? mix to a dish. Layer the bacon on top covering the p?t? and pour the remaining butter from the pan around the edges to create a seal over the p?t?. Sprinkle the dried herbs over the top.
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours before eating. The purpose of the bacon and butter seal is that it keeps your p?t? fresh for longer, I usually discard it when eating the p?t?..
Remove the onions and garlic and set aside. Return onion and apple to food processor. Ilse van der Merwe's Ultimate chicken liver pâté with brandy & cream Ilse says: "This recipe contains all the great ingredients for a fabulous grown-up pâté: chicken livers, onions, garlic, butter, fresh thyme, cream and brandy. Use a stick blender or food processor to process it to a very smooth pulp, then refrigerate until set. […] Method. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.