Pork Medallions in a Mustard Apple Brandy Green Peppercorn Sauce. Pork Medallions in Green Peppercorn Sauce. For birthdays and special occasions, my family requests tender medallions of pork in a flavorful peppercorn sauce. Pork tenderloin medallions, sauteed in butter and served with a caper mustard cream sauce.
Spoon Sauce over the Pork Medallions and serve immediately with a. Pork tenderloin medallions in a brandy and apple cream sauce – a fancy tasting recipe that's easier to make than you'd think! The apples add just enough sweetness to this sauce. You can cook Pork Medallions in a Mustard Apple Brandy Green Peppercorn Sauce using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork Medallions in a Mustard Apple Brandy Green Peppercorn Sauce
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 8 slice of of pork tenderloin from about a 11/2 pound pork tenderloin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of minced shallots.
- You need 2 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of drained and crushed green peppercorns, if you can not find them use a crushed pepper blend.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1/4 cup of calvados ( apple brandy).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
I'm not one of those people who particularly enjoys adding fruit to savory dishes, but pork and apples are always a. Green peppercorns were hard to find, but if you're going to find them in a store, they're by the capers. First time served with Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower and. Pork is a popular meat for Poles and this recipe is a modern take on a traditional classic. steamed greens, to serve.
Pork Medallions in a Mustard Apple Brandy Green Peppercorn Sauce instructions
- In a large skillet heat oil until hot, season pork with salt and black pepper, sear pork on both sides until brown and just cooked through, remove to a plate.
- In same skillet add shallots and garlic and soften about1 minute, off heat add brandy carefully return to heat and reduce to just a syrup.
- Add chicken broth and cream bring to a simmer, add mustard and green peppercorns and cook to a sauce consistency.Whisk in butter and parsley, add pork to sauce just to heat through, serve hot. Check seasoning and add salt if needed..
- Good served with mashedotatos or rice or pasta.
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced Deglaze the pan with wine, reduce heat to medium-low, add the cream and mustard and bring to a simmer. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, and then immediately Beef Medallion with Herb Roasted Potatoes, Warm Salad Greens and a Dried Morel Brandy Sauce. Stir in chopped chives and tarragon. Pork Medallions (filet mignon) With Mushroom & Port wine Sauce Nothing like mustard and apples to go with a fat pork chop.