Mixed Fruit – Brandy Trifle. This Angel Food Berry Trifle is a no-bake cake and takes very little effort. Assemble the trifle Arrange half of the kiwi slices and blackberry halves decoratively around the edge of a trifle bowl. Assemble the trifle Arrange half of the kiwi slices and blackberry halves decoratively around the edge of a trifle bowl.
Mix in a shot of triple sec and garnish with a. Fresh, juicy fruit combined with delicate sponge cake and a Chantilly creme-cream cheese filling make for the perfect fruit trifle! This no-bake dessert is the perfect spring and summer time dessert! You can have Mixed Fruit – Brandy Trifle using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mixed Fruit – Brandy Trifle
- You need 275 Millilitres of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 30 Grams of Castor Sugar.
- You need 3 of Egg Yolks.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Cornflour.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 1 of apple Green (peeled and cut into small pieces).
- It’s 2 of mangoes fresh (cut into small pieces).
- It’s 2 of Kiwi Fruit.
- Prepare 100 Millilitres of Brandy (or any other liqueur).
- It’s 30 Grams of Sugar.
- You need 50 Grams of walnuts Toasted.
Fruit brandy or fruit spirit is a distilled beverage produced from mash, juice, wine or residues of edible fruits. The term covers a broad class of spirits produced across the world, and typically excludes beverages made from grapes. The Mixed Fruit Trifle recipe out of our category None! Trifle makes a delicious quick and easy dessert perfect for entertaining!
Mixed Fruit – Brandy Trifle instructions
- Make one 'Elvis Presley's Favourite Pound Cake' (recipe http://www.cucumbertown.com/recipes/55298/elvis-presleys-favourite-pound-cake-with-a-twist) or any other basic butter cake of your choice..
- For the custard:.
- Beat together the egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the corn flour and mix well. Keep aside..
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan. Pour the hot cream slowly in the egg-sugar mixture, beating constantly the whole time..
- When the cream is completely mixed, take the mixture back to the heat and cook on a low heat, stirring constantly until thick. Take the custard off from the heat and cover with a cling foil and let it cool..
- Put the cut apples in the brandy for 1-2 hours, till apple absorb some of the flavor from the brandy..
- Take the cut apples out from the syrup. Take the remaining brandy and add the sugar and heat it (on low flame) for 30 secs in a small saucepan (until sugar dissolves). Keep it aside to cool..
- For the assembly:.
- Take a glass bowl. Cut your pound cake into small pieces. Brush a little of the brandy syrup on each piece. Assemble in the lowest layer of your glass dish..
- Add the cut fruits over the cake. Pour the custard generously over the fruits and then repeat layering in the same fashion (cake, fruits, custard).
- Top with fresh fruits and toasted walnuts..
- Cover with a cling foil and keep it in the fridge to chill for atleast 8 hours. Serve chilled..
Spread raspberry jam between lady fingers Spray brandy from a small spray bottle (more even) cover with custard, top with cream of your choice. This easy mixed fruit trifle is perfect for any occasion! Made with loads of berries and fruit, all layered with a fluffy, whipped cream frosting and delicate lady fingers. It's so easy to put together and can be served immediately. This dish will feed a crowd so it's perfect for a picnic or large family get together!