Brandy, garlic and butter mussels. Add remaining sliced fennel, shallots and garlic. Add the cleaned mussels; salt and pepper generously. Add the cleaned mussels with juice, thyme, lemon, and salt.
Heat the butter in a large stock pot or deep saucepan over medium heat, then add the shallots and garlic. You need a shallow large skillet and fresh mussels. Melt butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. You can have Brandy, garlic and butter mussels using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brandy, garlic and butter mussels
- You need 1 of kilo of mussels.
- It’s Clove of garlic.
- Prepare Glass of brandy.
- It’s Knob of butter.
- Prepare of Drizzle of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Parsley and bread to serve.
Add white wine, thyme and mussels. Scrub the mussels thorougly under cold running water. Discard any that have broken or open shells. Add the mussels, wine, salt and black pepper.
Brandy, garlic and butter mussels instructions
- Wash mussels well. Remove beard..
- Put garlic, butter and oil in a pan. When the butter starts to bubble remove garlic.
- And then add the mussels. Cover and turn up the heat.
- After a couple of minutes then will start to open. Add brandy and let it evaporate. Sprinkle with salt. Cover again and turn off the heat. Leave to steam for about 5 minutes until fully opened. Shake pan a few times but don't lift the lid. After 5 mins, serve in the sauce which will have thickened slightly.
Cover and bring to the boil, shaking occasionally. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the mussels, wine, cream, butter, and parsley and season well. In a large stockpot set over medium heat, combine wine, shallots, garlic, and salt. Add mussels, cover, and increase heat to high.