Sig's Onion soup with Brandy, #myfavouriterecipes. Cook for. salt, pepper and brandy. Stir once or twice during that time. Onions will caramelize and become browned.
See great recipes for Mashed & Baked – Sweet Potatoes & Apples too! Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. You can use different cheeses as I have done this. You can cook Sig's Onion soup with Brandy, #myfavouriterecipes using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's Onion soup with Brandy, #myfavouriterecipes
- It’s 30 ml of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 of medium onions about 1 lb in weight, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of heaped soft light brown sugar.
- You need 3 clove of smoked garlic, crushed.
- It’s 5 cup of vegetable stock.
- You need 4 tbsp of best quality brandy or cognac.
- It’s 4 slice of bread of choice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dijon Mustard.
- It’s 1 cup of Gruyère cheese, grated.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 2 pinch of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 of small sprinkling of smokey paprika over each bowl.
In a large, heavy bottomed pot (☚ this is the one I have), add the butter and oil, then the sliced onions. This French Onion Soup with Comté calls for cooking the onions for about an hour, which we thought was just right. When your onions are an even, deep golden brown like the kind of tan everyone. Brandy makes a great addition to many recipes, both sweet and savory.
Sig's Onion soup with Brandy, #myfavouriterecipes instructions
- Never rush the making of this soup, a good browning will bring out the full sweetness of the onion.
- Heat oil and butter gently in pan, add onions and cook gently for 30 minutes until the onions are very soft. Sprinkle the brown sugar and garlic over the onions, mix and cook until the onions are deep golden brown, but do not fry.
- Add the stock and Brandy bring to a slow simmer for about 30 minutes..
- Just before serving, gently fry the bread from one side in very little oil, remove from pan,spread with mustard and sprinkle with cheese on uncooked side. Season soup with salt and pepper.Grill (broil) bread until cheese is melted.
- Ladle soup into warmed bowls and float the bread in soup, Serve immediately..
Check out fun ways to add a splash of brandy to your next dish. An excellent onion soup with brandy and beef broth cooked in slow cooker. Sprinkle each bowl with shredded Parmesan or Swiss cheese.. French chestnut soup is creamy, flavorful, hearty and nourishing. It may be about to become your favorite Winter soup!