Pain de Campagne-style Bread with Bread and Cake Flour – Version 3.
You can cook Pain de Campagne-style Bread with Bread and Cake Flour – Version 3 using 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pain de Campagne-style Bread with Bread and Cake Flour – Version 3
- It’s 100 grams of ◆Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 100 grams of ◆Cake flour.
- Prepare 10 grams of ◆Sugar.
- Prepare 3 grams of ◆Salt.
- Prepare 3 grams of ◆Dry yeast.
- It’s 130 grams of ◆Lukewarm water (use cold water in the summer).
- Prepare 1 of Joshinko or bread flour.
- It’s 1 of Banneton (bread-rising mold with concentric ridges).
- Prepare 1 of Stainless steel bowl.
Pain de Campagne-style Bread with Bread and Cake Flour – Version 3 instructions
- Combine the bread and cake flour, and sift together twice..
- Put the ◆ ingredients in a bread machine, and start the "dough kneading" program. 6 to 7 minutes in, stop the machine, take the dough out into a bowl, and lightly round off into a ball..
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let the dough rise using your oven's "dough rising" setting at 35°C for 30 to 40 minutes..
- Round off the dough, cover with plastic wrap, and leave to rest for 20 to 30 minutes..
- Dust the banneton with about 1/2 tablespoon of joshinko or bread flour using a tea strainer..
- Deflate the dough and round it off into a smooth ball again. Place the dough seam side up in the flour-dusted banneton, and cover with plastic wrap..
- Leave the dough to rise at 35°C for 25 to 30 minutes, until it has increased to 1.5 times its original volume (2nd rising). Start preheating the oven, with the baking tray and the stainless steel bowl, to 250°C..
- Put a sheet of kitchen parchment paper on top of the banneton, and invert the dough onto it..
- Score the top of the loaf about 5 mm deep using a moistened knife..
- Take the stainless steel bowl out of the oven, put the dough on the baking tray with the paper, and invert the bowl over the loaf..
- Lower the oven temperature to 210°C and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the bowl about 7 minutes into the baking time. If it looks like the loaf is browning too fast, cover with a piece of aluminium foil..
- Cool the baked loaf on a cooling rack. Store in a plastic bag to prevent it from drying out..
- This is how it looks when it's sliced. The crust is crispy, the crumb is soft and delicious..
- I used a 24 cm diameter, 8 cm high stainless steel bowl. This size worked fine even when the loaf rose..
- Please also try my Pain de Campagne with Black Sesame Seeds!.
- My Pain de Campagne with Walnuts and Raisinsis delicious too!.