Pain de Campagne with Bread Flour and Cake Flour -Version.
You can cook Pain de Campagne with Bread Flour and Cake Flour -Version using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pain de Campagne with Bread Flour and Cake Flour -Version
- You need 100 grams of ◆Bread (strong) flour.
- You need 100 grams of ◆Cake flour.
- Prepare 10 grams of ◆Sugar.
- Prepare 3 grams of ◆Salt.
- It’s 3 grams of ◆Dry yeast.
- Prepare 130 ml of ◆Lukewarm water (use cold water in the summer).
- It’s 1 of Joshinko or bread flour.
Pain de Campagne with Bread Flour and Cake Flour -Version step by step
- Sift the bread flour and cake flour together twice..
- Put all the ◆ ingredients in the pan of a bread machine, and start the "dough" program. Stop the machine after 6~7 minutes of kneading, take the dough out into a bowl, and lightly round the dough..
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and leave it to rise at 35℃ for 30~40 minutes using the "bread rising" function of your oven. Let the dough rise until it has doubled in size (1st rising). The picture shows the dough after the first rising is complete..
- Reshape the dough after the first rising, cover with plastic wrap, and rest for 20~30 minutes. The picture shows the dough after it has rested..
- Deflate the dough, reshape into a smooth ball, and place it on a baking sheet lined with kitchen parchment paper. Put a glass of hot water on the baking sheet to accelerate the proofing process..
- Leave the dough to rise for the second time at 35℃ for 25~30 minutes, until it it's 1.5 times its original size. The picture shows the dough after the second rising is complete. Preheat the oven to 250℃ with the baking sheet in the oven. (Leave the formed dough on the kitchen parchment paper.).
- Dust the top of the loaf with joshinko or bread flour using a tea strainer. Score the dough 5 mm deep with a wet knife..
- Slide the kitchen parchment paper with the formed dough on it onto the heated baking sheet, lower the oven temperature to 210℃ and bake for 20~25 minutes. If the bread is getting too browned on top, cover with a piece of aluminium foil..
- When the bread is done baking, cool the bread on a cooling rack. Store in a plastic bag when cool to prevent it from drying out..
- It looks like this when sliced. It has a hard crispy crust and a soft inside..
- The bread is delicious used for pizza toast!.