Easy Homemade Bread Pain De Campagne.
You can cook Easy Homemade Bread Pain De Campagne using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Homemade Bread Pain De Campagne
- It’s 200 grams of Strong (Bread) Flour (or 150g bread flour + 50g cake flour).
- It’s 140 ml of ☆Water.
- Prepare 6 grams of ☆Sugar.
- Prepare 3 grams of ☆Salt.
- You need 2 grams of Dry yeast.
Easy Homemade Bread Pain De Campagne step by step
- Put all ☆ ingredients into a heatproof bowl. Microwave for 40 seconds at 500W until warm to the touch and whip. Add the yeast and soak well..
- Sprinkle water evenly over the powdered ingredients. Using a spatula, mix in cutting motion. The dough will come together fairly easily..
- Form it into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 30 seconds at 200W, or you can use the "low temperature" or "defrost" setting. Let it rest for 15 minutes in a warm room..
- After the dough doubles in size, roll it out, then press it down lightly to remove any air bubbles (dust if it's too sticky)..
- Fold into thirds vertically, and then fold it into thirds horizontally..
- Bring the four corners to the center. Do the same for the other side. Pinch to close the edges..
- Dust the pan with flour using a tea strainer. Shape the dough and place in the pan with the closed ends facing up (I used a small strainer)..
- Microwave for 30 seconds at 200W. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise using the bread-rising setting of your oven (or cover with plastic wrap to sit in a warm place that's about 35℃). Let it rest for about 15 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 250℃. Grease your knife and make a deep slit. This helps the bread to rise..
- Spray water 10 times. Steam-bake for 10 minutes at 250℃, then 10 to 15 minutes at 200℃. Let cool and then it's done..
- Here's a photo of the cross-section. So moist and chewy when it's freshly baked..