Pain de Campagne With Seeds and Dried Fruit.
You can have Pain de Campagne With Seeds and Dried Fruit using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pain de Campagne With Seeds and Dried Fruit
- It’s 250 grams of ☆Bread (strong) flour made from domestically grown wheat.
- Prepare 30 grams of ☆Dry seed mix (usually has sesame, pumpkin, poppy, sunflower etc. seeds).
- You need 10 grams of ☆Sugar.
- It’s 4 grams of ☆Natural salt.
- It’s 100 grams of Natural leaven or bread starter.
- You need 165 grams of or so Milk.
- You need 25 grams of Mixed dried fruits (or dried figs).
- You need 50 of to 60 grams Cream cheese (cut into small cubes).
Pain de Campagne With Seeds and Dried Fruit instructions
- Put the ☆ ingredients in a bowl, and mix them up with a whisk..
- Add the starter and cut it in with a pastry scraper. Add the milk gradually until the dough is no longer floury, then knead it well..
- Add the dried fruits (figs) and knead some more..
- When the dough comes together, round it off, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and start the 1st rising..
- When the dough has increased to 2 to 2 1/2 times its original volume, the 1st rise is done!.
- Take the dough out onto a generously floured mat, and spread it out into a rectangle. Put half the cream cheese on one side of the dough….
- …fold the dough in half, and add a bit more than half of the remaining cream cheese on one half….
- …fold in half again, put the rest of the cream cheese in the middle, and wrap the dough around it..
- Place the dough with the seam side facing up in a flour-dusted banetton, cover with plastic wrap and leave for the 2nd rising until the dough has increased to 1.5 to 2 times its original size..
- Take the banetton carefully off the dough, and slash the top. Preheat the oven to 250°C, lower the heat to 230°C and bake for 25 to 28 minutes..
- This one was made with an apple juice and black tea starter..
- This version was made with a wild berry starter, and formed into 2 oval shaped slashed loaves. I use 200 g of domestic bread flour and 50 g of whole wheat flour..
- This version was made with a frozen mango starter, formed into one oval shaped slashed loaf. I need to work on my loaf-forming skills..