Pâté de Campagne.
You can cook Pâté de Campagne using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pâté de Campagne
- Prepare 600 grams of Minced meat (beef/pork).
- You need 1/2 large of Onion.
- You need 5 of Button mushrooms.
- You need 6 slice of Bacon.
- Prepare 200 ml of Bread crumbs (made from a pain de campagne or a baguette).
- You need 1 of ☆Egg.
- Prepare 10 grams of ☆Salt.
- You need 1 small of amount ☆Parsley, pistachios.
- Prepare 1 small of amount ☆Pepper, nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Brandy.
- Prepare 6 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of Butter.
- You need 1 of Seasonal vegetables.
- You need 1 of Pesto, mustard.
Pâté de Campagne step by step
- Combine the ☆ingredients in a bowl, add minced meat, and mix and knead well until meat is sticky..
- Chop the onion and mushrooms finely and stir fry with 1 tablespoon of butter. Cool..
- Add the onion, mushrooms and brandy to the bowl with the minced meat. Mix and knead well..
- Coat a mold with butter. Line 3 bay leaves at the bottom and pack bacon tightly in the mold..
- Fill the mold with the meat mixture, packing to remove air pockets. Fold the bacon over the top. Put 3 bay leaves and tap the mold slightly to remove air pockets..
- Wrap the whole thing with aluminum foil, bake in a oven at 350°F/180℃ for 1 hour immersed in hot water. It's done when the centre of the pate is hot..
- Place a weight over the aluminum foil and cool. Leave it to rest in the fridge overnight if you can..
- Remove the aluminum foil, bay leaves, and white fat from the pate. Slice as you like and serve on a plate. Serve aspic with pate. Decorate the plate with seasonal vegetables, pesto and mustard to make it colorful..