Oval Campagne Loaf With Hoshino Natural Leaven. Oval Campagne Loaf With Hoshino Natural Leaven Although there's room for improvement in both presentation and content, this is the way I bake this bread. Since there are only a few bread eaters in our home, I tend to bake versatile and simple bread that we can use a variety of dishes. Use your preferred ratio of rye to whole wheat.
Enjoy the pure taste of the wheat. Shape it as you like ( when using dry yeast). Oval Campagne Loaf With Hoshino Natural Leaven Although there's room for improvement in both presentation and content, this is the way I bake this bread. You can have Oval Campagne Loaf With Hoshino Natural Leaven using 11 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oval Campagne Loaf With Hoshino Natural Leaven
- Prepare of If using Hoshino natural leaven:.
- You need 210 grams of Strong bread flour.
- You need 20 grams of Rye flour ＊.
- It’s 20 grams of Whole wheat flour ＊.
- You need 5 grams of Raw cane sugar (or regular sugar).
- It’s 4 1/2 grams of Natural salt.
- Prepare 150 grams of ● Water.
- Prepare 18 grams of ● Hoshino natural leaven ＊.
- It’s of If using dry yeast:.
- Prepare 168 grams of or more ● Water.
- You need 1 grams of ● Dry yeast.
Since there are only a few bread eaters in our home, I tend to bake versatile and simple bread that we can use a variety of dishes. Use your preferred ratio of rye to whole wheat. See great recipes for Best bbq ribs ever, Fried pickles with dipping sauce too! Mix the leaven and water and add to the flour with the salt.
Oval Campagne Loaf With Hoshino Natural Leaven instructions
- Combine the dry ingredients. Mix the water and yeast, then pour it into the dry ingredients..
- Use a scraper to mix the dough, bring it together, wrap in plastic wrap and let it sit for 20-30 minutes..
- Knead for 5-6 minutes on a work surface, roll it into a ball and place it in a bowl. When it doubles in size, punch it down in the bowl..
- Using a bench scraper, pull the dough and fold it over, rotate 90 degrees, then repeat by pulling the dough and folding it over again, then shape into a smooth ball..
- Wrap in plastic wrap, then allow it to rise 2.5 – 3 times in height. (For about 10 hours at a temperature of 23 – 25℃). The rising time will vary depending on the season..
- Dust the banneton with either rye or whole wheat flour..
- Dust your work surface and bench scraper with flour. Work the bench scraper around the dough to loosen it, then place the dough on your work surface..
- With the underside of the dough that was stuck to the bowl facing up, gently press the dough flat into a 20 cm x 15 cm oval with your hands..
- Fold the 1/3 of the flour up into the center, then seal the edge into the dough while gently pressing down on the seam with your hands..
- Rotate the dough 180°F, repeat the above steps, then gently press down on the seams (do not press firmly)..
- Fold it in half again..
- Pinch together the seams to seal..
- With the seam at the top, place the dough in a banneton, cover with a damp but tightly wrung out cloth, then let the dough rise again. (For about an hour at a temperature of 25℃.).
- If the dough is too long, and won't fit in the banneton, fold over the end, then seal the seams closed again on the top..
- Preheat the oven when the dough rises. If you have 2 baking trays, preheat both of them together in the oven. (Use the steam function, if available.).
- After the dough finishes rising, place a sheet of parchment paper over the banneton, then flip it over while securing it with your hand..
- Carefully lift the banneton, and slash the center of the dough, then drizzle on oil over the cut to prevent it from drying out..
- From a distance, mist the dough 5-6 times with water..
- Bake for 5 minutes at 250℃, then reduce the temperature to 230℃ and bake for another 5 minutes. Remove the top baking tray, then bake at 220℃ for 20 more minutes (for a total of about 30 minutes). Adjust the baking time to suit your preferred finish..
- Try making a round pain de campagne using Lys d'Or Campagne.
- Here is a soft loaf made with Lys d'Or flour, quickly prepared in a bread machine with lots of yeast:..
- I bake my bread in between two baking sheets, but feel free to bake it in your own style. Adjust the temperature to your preference..
- Addendum: When using dry yeast, allow the dough to double in size on the first prove. Do not punch down the dough. Steps 6 and onward will be the same as when baking with natural leaven..
It will become less sticky, and then slightly sticky again. Beat to a creamy batter, cover with a plastic bag to keep the moisture in and stand in a warm part of the kitchen but not directly onto a radiator or above the cooker. A fresh loaf of baked bread, when knocked at the base sounds hollow.. but instead bacteria (natural yeast) from the air is used to create a leaven. Basically, when flour is mixed with water and. To make sourdough bread, the starter is used to make the dough..