Pain de Campagne with Chocolate, Cranberries,and Yuzu Peel.
You can have Pain de Campagne with Chocolate, Cranberries,and Yuzu Peel using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pain de Campagne with Chocolate, Cranberries,and Yuzu Peel
- Prepare 230 grams of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare 20 grams of Sugarless cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of or (to taste) Cinnamon powder.
- You need 4 grams of Natural Salt.
- Prepare 10 grams of Raw cane sugar.
- You need 160 grams of Water.
- Prepare 2 of bar Dark chocolate.
- It’s 30 grams of Dried cranberries.
- You need 10 of to 20 grams Yuzu peel (seeor other citrus peel of your choice.
- It’s 100 grams of Homemade natural bread starter or leaven.
Pain de Campagne with Chocolate, Cranberries,and Yuzu Peel step by step
- Take the starter out of the refrigerator, and bring it to room temperature. Chop up the chocolate and yuzu peel finely, and combine with the cranberries..
- Sift the flours into a bowl, and mix with the salt, sugar, and starter..
- Mix together roughly with a pastry scraper, then add the body-temperature water little by little while kneading..
- When the dough comes together, take it out onto a kneading board and knead until smooth..
- Put on the additions, and knead them in. Alternatively you can put the additions on top of the formed loaf later; whichever works best for you..
- Form a ball with the dough so that none of the additions are on the surface, and leave for the 1st rising..
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap, and leave in a warm room until it had doubled or tripled in size. Take the dough out of the bowl and punch it down to deflate..
- Round off the dough again, and leave to rest for 20 minutes..
- Spread out the dough again to deflate it, and round it off again with a smooth, taut surface..
- Place the ball of dough gently in a well floured banneton (bread rising bowl) with the seam side facing up, and start the 2nd rise..
- When the dough has increased to 1.5 to 2 times its original volume, take it out of the banneton and slash the top of the loaf..
- Preheat the oven with the baking sheet inside to 250°C. Lower the heat to 220°C, and bake the loaf for about 18 minutes. I used a steam oven..
- Lower the temperature to 210°C, and bake for another 10 minutes to finish. If it looks like it's getting burned on top, cover with a piece of aluminum foil..
- The loaf is baked. I put the additions on the top this time..
- This is how it looks sliced. The red cranberries and the yellow peel contrast beautifully with the brown bread..