Cantaloup daiquiri popsicles. These daiquiris are getting a shake up and cool down in a popsicle mold. Mmm mmm good! 😍😍 Keep in mind these are strong in taste, especially if you use spiced rhum and are not for children!! Your cataloup must be VERY sweet or you'll have to add sugar (unless you prefer it tangy like I do! 😜).
Hit the jump to Endless Simmer for the full post with recipe. Cantaloupe is refreshing and a little tropical and the Strawberry has a lot of sweetness that you get from Summer fruit. I love Popsicles because generally when it comes to desserts and baking you have to follow exact measurements and ingredients. You can have Cantaloup daiquiri popsicles using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cantaloup daiquiri popsicles
- You need 1 of small ripe cantaloup, seeded, peeled and cut in small cubes.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lime.
- Prepare of zest of 1 lime.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of simple sirup.
- You need 1/2 cup of rhum of choice (I've used appleton).
- It’s 2 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Angostura bitter.
Popsicles throw the rules out the window. It's a lawless land of flavor where no rules apply. These cantaloupe popsicles have a creamy and almost sorbet-like quality to them, like an orange creamsicle without the cream or extra calories! I only made half the recipe so cut all the measurements in half.
Cantaloup daiquiri popsicles instructions
- Put all ingredients in blender except for lime zest and bring in purée..
- Add lime zest and blend gently..
- Put mix in popsicle mold with sticks and freeze for at least 6 hours; overnight is better..
I blended the cantaloupe in my blender and added the simple syrup and lemon juice. I then tasted the final mixture before putting into. Size of popsicle molds vary so number of servings may vary accordingly. I also added simple syrup to the popsicle recipe to get the frozen in the daiquiris, and make them more icy, popsicle-like, than just frozen fruit. Alcohol doesn't freeze so consistency of boozy popsicles will be slightly different than the virgin ones.