Beef Shank Stew with the Magic Of Capers. I hope you enjoy this easy Beef and Barley Stew Recipe! The Best Beef Beef Shank Recipes on Yummly Stewed Beef Shank, Beef Shank Noodles, Spiced Braised Beef Shank. butternut squash, pearl barley, leeks, clove, onion, thyme, beef for stew.
My shank comes labeled as soup bones. I absolutely love to add them with boneless cuts such as stew meat to. Use your slow cooker and be amazed at how fuss-free preparing Italian-inspired osso buco can be. You can have Beef Shank Stew with the Magic Of Capers using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Shank Stew with the Magic Of Capers
- Prepare 360 grams of Beef shank.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1 of Herb salt (or salt and pepper).
- It’s 1 of Flour.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 300 ml of Red wine.
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
- You need 1 can of ☆Canned whole tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of ☆Oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of ☆Capers.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each ☆Sugar, salt.
- You need 3 grams of Butter.
Dredge beef shanks in season flour, tapping off any excess. In a large stockpot, heat oil and butter. Sear the shanks on all sides until browned; set aside. I use the same aroma and seasonings and turn the recipe into a beef stew.
Beef Shank Stew with the Magic Of Capers step by step
- Slice the onion..
- Cut the garlic clove in half and take out the sprout in the core, then crush with a knife. I used 2 cloves this time since they were small..
- Season both sides of the beef shank pieces generously with herb salt..
- Dust with flour..
- Put the garlic and olive oil in a pan and turn on the heat. When the oil is fragrant..
- Add the onion and stir fry..
- When the onion is translucent, take it out of the pan..
- Add a little olive oil to the pan, and brown the beef on both sides..
- When the meat is browned, add the red wine..
- Add the onion back to the pan with the bay leaf..
- Simmer over low heat for about 2 hours with the lid on..
- When the meat is tender….
- …add the ☆ ingredients and simmer for another 30 minutes or so. Melt the butter in the sauce and it's done..
- Garnish with chopped parsley to serve..
Beef shank is a cut of meat that has been butchered from the leg of a cow or bull. This type of meat is known for its tough texture and low fat content compared to other cuts of beef. Since the leg muscles of cattle are weight-bearing, they become thick and sinewy throughout the animals' lives. DIRECTIONS Work Beef Shanks down under the surface of the broth. Today we celebrate the beef shank, a cut that comes to us as a horizontal cut from the leg of the steer.