Chicken Scallopine with Verjuice, Capers and Asparagus. Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. Remove pan from the heat and stir in the butter and chive. Cook and stir the mushrooms in the same skillet as the chicken until the mushrooms have absorbed the remaining butter in the skillet and have begun to turn brown at the edges.
Fry chicken breasts until golden brown. Remove to a plate and set aside. Throw mushrooms into the pan and stir. You can cook Chicken Scallopine with Verjuice, Capers and Asparagus using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Scallopine with Verjuice, Capers and Asparagus
- Prepare 800 g of chicken breast.
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- You need 1/3 cup of verjuice.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbs of small capers, drained.
- It’s 60 g of soft butter, chopped.
- You need 2 of ts ee b chopped chives.
- Prepare 650 g of baby potatoes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 bunch of asparagus, trimmed.
Pour in cream and stir, then add capers and parsley. Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the broth. Chicken scallopini can be cooked in a variety of sauces and flavors. We departed from the piccata herd and went instead for tender mushrooms and a hint of wine, lemon, and broth, capped off with a.
Chicken Scallopine with Verjuice, Capers and Asparagus instructions
- Use a sharp knife cut the chicken breast in half horizontally. Place a chicken fillet between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and gently pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until 1 cm thick. Repeat with remaining fillet..
- Season chicken with salt and pepper..
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 1 1/2 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Repeat with remaining chicken..
- Add the garlic to pan and cook, stiring for 30 second until aromatic. Add the verjuice and cook, stiring for 2 minutes or until reduced by half and thickened slightly..
- Remove pan from the heat and stir in the butter and chive..
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a meduin saucepan of boiling water for 7 minutes or until the potatoes are almost tender..
- Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes until asparagus tender. Drain well..
- Add chicken, asparagus and potatoes to sauce, toss to coat..
- Divide between serving plates and drizzle with extra sauce..
See great recipes for Anchovy & Caper Tapenade Nibble too! Chicken Scallopini has lightly breaded cutlets tossed in a warm lemon-butter sauce. After all, around here we enjoy cooking. Add the wine and capers and cook until reduced by half. Chicken Scallopini with Ham and Asparagus.