20 Minute Mediterranean-Inspired Shrimp with Tomatoes & Capers for 2. Here, shrimp is cooked in a tasty chunky tomato sauce with spices, fresh herbs, garlic, feta and a splash of lemon juice. Shrimp is one of the prized Mediterranean ingredients that you can turn into a delicious, fancy dinner in just a few minutes! Reviews for: Photos of Mediterranean Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta.
When the first side turns pink, flip it and add the tomatoes, oregano, and white wine. The noodles are good completely on their own, but I had a bunch of cherry tomatoes that were a day or two past their prime so I just blistered them on the grill and made a quick sauce for topping. The Best Mediterranean Shrimp Recipes on Yummly You can have 20 Minute Mediterranean-Inspired Shrimp with Tomatoes & Capers for 2 using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 20 Minute Mediterranean-Inspired Shrimp with Tomatoes & Capers for 2
- You need 1 Tablespoon of butter + 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of a small onion, minced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 10 oz. of basket of grape or cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of capers.
- Prepare 1.5 Tablespoons of caper brine.
- It’s of zest of 1/2 a small lemon.
- It’s 1/3 cup of unsalted chicken stock.
- You need 1/2-1 teaspoon of crushed red chili flakes.
- It’s 1 of +1/4 pounds shrimp.
- It’s of optional: 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley.
- Prepare of optional: 3 or 4 lemon wedges if you like a little fresh lemon juice on your shrimp before you dig in (I do. 🙂 ).
Mediterranean Pasta Salad, Mediterranean Pork Kabobs, Mediterranean Chicken Salad. Quick, easy, healthy shrimp arugula salad with white beans and cherry tomatoes! This simple, quick, and easy pasta recipe is a great weeknight meal idea. Add warm garlic oil, lentils, artichoke, sundried tomatoes, basil, and lemon.
20 Minute Mediterranean-Inspired Shrimp with Tomatoes & Capers for 2 step by step
- In a large pan or pot, melt the butter with the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onions turn translucent..
- Turn the heat to medium high, add the tomatoes, capers, caper brine, and lemon zest, give it 2 or 3 good stirs to distribute the ingredients, and let the tomatoes cook until you hear 3 or 4 of them pop. Mash or pierce the tomatoes with a potato masher or a large fork at this point, then add the chicken stock and chili flakes and stir to redistribute the ingredients again..
- Let the resulting sauce come to an active simmer for 2 or 3 minutes, then add the shrimp, gently fold to cover in sauce, and let the shrimp cook undisturbed for 3 or 4 minutes until the bottom side of the shrimp have turned orange and opaque. (Shrimp without shells will take a little less time to cook.) Give the sauce a taste at this point and adjust the salt if needed..
- Gently fold again to flip and redistribute the shrimp and let them continue to cook for another 3 to 4 minutes or so on the other side or just until all the shrimp have turned orange and opaque on both sides..
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, serve lemon wedges on the side, and enjoy with crusty bread or 2 servings of al dente pasta tossed into the sauce..
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Whip up this quick chicken and pesto pasta recipe with flavorful dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives, and artichoke hearts – it's everybody's favorite easy dinner and it may just become. Just as the shrimp start to turn translucent in the middle, add a whole can of diced tomatoes, fresh cherry tomatoes and a handful of basil leaves. We are so happy you're here. We're Adam and Joanne, the creators of Inspired Taste.