Toasted Orzo Salad With Black Olives And Capers. I'm always looking for new ways to prepare simple dishes. I treated the orzo as I would risotto and added my favorite mix of toppings. It seemed like everything just worked well together.
But once it's combined with the orzo and other ingredients, magic happens. From the spicy taste of cumin to the minty taste of thyme, you can taste each spice. This salad is cool and full of Mediterranean flavors. You can cook Toasted Orzo Salad With Black Olives And Capers using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Toasted Orzo Salad With Black Olives And Capers
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Orzo pasta.
- Prepare 2 cup of Water or your preference of broth.
- You need 2 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of Dressing.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half.
- You need 1 tbsp of Capers, in salt preferably.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Green onion (chopped, just the green).
- You need 2 tbsp of Parsley, flat leaf chopped.
- It’s 1 of Lemon zest from one lemon.
- It’s 1/2 of Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 1 of Salt and peeper.
Feta cheese and roasted pine nuts are the perfect topping and add a wonderful nuttiness to the salad. Place the tomatoes on a sheet tray and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until the tomatoes are tender and just bursting slightly but. The thought of grilling season has me dreaming of picnic and BBQs recipes, so I whipped up this awesome little side dish to serve at any spring or summer get together – Mediterranean Orzo Salad.
Toasted Orzo Salad With Black Olives And Capers step by step
- Toast the orzo with just enough olive oil to lightly coat. Stir until color becomes golden..
- Add the 2 cups water or broth..
- Simmer, uncovered stirring occasionally until the liquid is absorbed..
- Transfer to stirring bowl..
- Add olives, capers, green onions, parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice and stir to combine..
- Note: Why capers in salt? Personal preference. I don't care for the brine taste in most preserved capers in brine..
- Note: How do I use capers in salt? Pour capers into a glass with water. The salt will sink to the bottom of the glass and with a spoon, you can remove the capers..
This simple, orzo-based side dish is packed with the fresh and zesty flavors of tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta cheese, capers, fresh parsley, and a. Add the potatoes to a saucepan. (There is no need to peel them, which is one of the joys of new potatoes.) Cover with boiling water and gently simmer for five minutes. You don't want the potatoes to get too soft or to start to break up, so. Place the orzo and all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl and pour the dressing over the top. Stir to combine, taste and adjust seasonings, and refrigerate at least an hour before serving.