Saffron Chicken with olives. Chicken pieces are smothered in a delicious saffron chicken kebob marinade and have delicious flavor. Olive oil: Try to find the best quality extra virgin olive oil you can find. Joojeh kabab comes in two forms: bone-in and bone-off.
Serve this Moroccan Lemon Chicken with sauce on a bed of couscous, basmati rice or mashed potatoes topped Grind the saffron threads into powder using a spice mortar and pestle. Toss the chicken to coat it with the charmoula. Saffron-infused Moroccan chicken is easy to make and very tasty on a bed of rice. You can have Saffron Chicken with olives using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Saffron Chicken with olives
- It’s 3 of chicken quarters.
- You need 2 strips of quality thick cut bacon.
- You need 1 of diced shalot.
- It’s 1-2 cloves of diced garlic.
- It’s 4-5 of sliced queen olives.
- It’s 1 tbs of diced capers.
- It’s 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbs of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of saffron.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
The same base recipe is used for Bastilla and Seffa Medfouna. You'll be tempted to eat this tender, flavorful chicken right from the pot, but it is best served on a bed of Moroccan rice pilaf or in seffa medfouna. It's the olives that might trip some of you up. This dish is loaded with 'em.
Saffron Chicken with olives step by step
- Rub chicken with smoked paprika, pepper and salt. Set aside. Heat oven to 400. Prepare saffron by chopping and adding to 1 tbs warm water. Set aside..
- Fine chop the bacon and fry in an oven proof skillet..
- Add enough Olive oil to fry and crisp both sides of the chicken on medium-high heat..
- Add garlic, shallots, olives, capers and saffron mix. Add 1 cup of chicken stock. Place in 400 degree oven..
- Bake uncovered untill chicken is done and add the rest of the stock 1/2 way through the cooking process making sure not to cook out the liquid..
- Remove chicken from skillet. Add butter and cream and cook at medium heat. Add flour as needed to thicken. Be sure to add the flour to cooled liquid and then re-incorporate. Strain sauce and serve with chicken. I like adding the sauce solids to the top of the chicken, but DO what you like!.
But here's the good news: they're left whole and can easily be shoved over to the side without any bits getting up in your business. Rice with Prawns and CuttlefishYerbabuena en la Cocina. Adding the lemons and olives towards the end helps retain their integrity and perfume. You may want to discard some of the fat after browning the chicken (this I made this without saffron since i didn't have any, and replaced the coriander with parsley and it was beyond good. This dish will take you straight to Spain.