Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Spaghetti Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Capers and Toasted Almonds. Roasted Spaghetti Squash with eggplant PuttanescaFeasting at Home. diced tomatoes, grated romano cheese, capers, red onion, red wine. Spaghetti squash, botanically classified as Cucurbita pepo, is a unique winter variety that is a member of the Cucurbitaceae family along with pumpkins The rind is very hard and tough, so the squash can be cooked whole or sliced in half for faster cooking. Once cooked, the flesh can be shredded with a.
I made a quick sauce of melted butter, garlic, basil, and toasted pine nuts, tossed with squash, then sprinkled. Spaghetti squash is popular with all kinds of healthy eaters, and for good reason: When this hearty yellow squash is cooked, the flesh can be pulled into noodle-like shreds that are low in calories and naturally gluten-free. Like noodles, the squash adds texture to a recipe and takes on the flavor of. You can have Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Spaghetti Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Capers and Toasted Almonds using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Spaghetti Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Capers and Toasted Almonds
- It’s of Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Veggies.
- You need 4 oz of dried whole wheat spaghetti pasta.
- It’s 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- It’s 1 small of spaghetti squash.
- You need 1 small of Japanese eggplant, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp of capers, drained.
- You need 1 of ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted in 350º F oven for 8 minutes.
- You need 1 tsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 small of lemon, cut in half and juiced.
- It’s 2 tsp of olive oil, divided.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sherry vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsalted butter, divided.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Italian parsley, washed and roughly chopped.
The Best Way to Cook and Cut Spaghetti Squash (Whole Baked Spaghetti Squash) Spaghetti squash is a miracle concealed in a vibrant yellow skin. Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Eggplant Puttanesca Sauce – a robust vegan meal full of healthy veggies! Capers and olives give it depth and flavor while chili flakes add just the right amount of heat. Keep this totally vegan and dairy free, or dust it with finely grated Romano cheese, for a tasty.
Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Spaghetti Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Capers and Toasted Almonds step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF and fill a medium to large sauce pot three quarters full with water and 1 tablespoon of salt. Turn the sauce pot on over high-heat..
- Using a large chef’s knife, cut the squash in half from the stem end to the blossom end. Scoop out the seeds with a large metal serving spoon. Season with salt and black pepper, brush cut side with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place cut side down on a heavy baking pan or roasting pan. Cook for 30-35 minutes until the top is soft and gives to the touch..
- When the water reaches a boil, add the pasta all at once and stir continuously so it does not stick to each other or the pan. Cook the pasta until tender or al-dente but not mushy. Before draining the pasta remove 2 Tablespoons of the hot pasta cooking liquid and reserve for later. Drain the pasta in a large colander and reserve..
- While the squash is roasting, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining olive oil to the pan, add the eggplant. Cook while stirring for 4-5 minutes and then add onion and half of the butter, cook for 2-3 more minutes. Add vinegar and tomato paste and cook for 1 more minute, remove from heat..
- Once the squash is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Scrape out the inner strands of squash and add to the pan with eggplant..
- Heat the pan of vegetables over medium heat while stirring to incorporate all the ingredients. Once the vegetables are hot add the cooked pasta, reserved pasta water, remaining butter, capers and the lemon juice. Cook over medium heat while stirring to incorporate all the ingredients. Once the butter has melted and the pasta has started to absorb some of the sauce remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Serve in two large bowls with toasted almonds and parsley on top. Enjoy!.
Cut the spaghetti squash lengthwise (note: this may seem impossible, but keep working at it and don't cut yourself). Place the squash cut side down on a sheet pan or cookie sheet and cover with foil. Place in the oven and cook until the rind is slightly soft or gives with a little. There are those who LOVE spaghetti squash as a lower-calorie replacement for spaghetti. And there are those who shun it So many tutorials for how to cook spaghetti squash will tell you to poke holes in the vegetable, add water to the bottom of the pan, and either cook the whole thing or two halves at.