Roasted Cauliflower with Capers. Use knife to shave off end of stem to create a flat. Roasted cauliflower and lemon segments tossed with Parmesan and capers makes an easy side dish. Roasted Cauliflower with Capers Roasted Cauliflower with Capers.
We're roasting it to bring out its naturally nutty flavor, then tossing it with orecchiette pasta—whose name means "little ears" in Italian. Briny capers and a touch of lemon zest and juice add brightness to the dish, completed with the delightful crunch of garlic-toasted breadcrumbs. Add roasted cauliflower; toss to coat. You can have Roasted Cauliflower with Capers using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Cauliflower with Capers
- Prepare 1 of Cauliflower, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic, smashed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Capers.
- You need 1 of Parmigiano Reggiano, grated.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Fresh Parsley leaves, chopped.
- It’s 1 of as needed Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need 1 of as needed Salt & Pepper.
Sign up for the Cooking Light Daily Newsletter. Quick dinner ideas, nutrition tips, and fresh seasonal recipes. Season the cauliflower generously all over with salt and pepper, transfer to the baking sheet, and cover tightly with aluminum foil. When the cauliflower comes out of the oven, pour the brown butter, toasted pine nuts, and capers over it on the baking sheet.
Roasted Cauliflower with Capers step by step
- Place cauliflower and garlic in a roasting pan. Drizzle liberally with extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast in 400* oven until cauliflower is slightly golden and slightly undercooked (roughly 20 minutes).
- When cauliflower is golden and slightly undercooked, remove from oven. Add in the parsley, capers, and some of the capers brine for extra flavor..
- If serving as an entree…combine it with cooked linguine. Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil. Serve and yum!.
- If serving as a side…sprinkle with cheese, and extra virgin olive oil. Place back in the oven 'til melted. Serve and yum!.
Toss to combine, then scrape the mixture onto a serving platter. Top with the parsley and more salt, and serve with lemon wedges. Remove the green leaves from the cauliflower and reserve. Cut the cauliflower heads in half, then into bite-size florets. Add chicken broth and anchovy paste (if using) to same saucepan.