Whole Baked Fish with potatoes and olives. In a bowl, toss the potatoes with the olives, garlic, half the chopped parsley, half the olive oil, the lemon zest and salt and pepper. Tip this mix over the bottom of a medium gratin dish. Season the fish and place the parsley stalks in the cavity.
Scatter the thyme, oregano and rosemary sprigs across the potato slices, and on top of them layer the tomato slices and a layer of zucchini. Now put the whole fish on top. Put potatoes in a large bowl. You can have Whole Baked Fish with potatoes and olives using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole Baked Fish with potatoes and olives
- It’s 1 of whole fish, cleaned and scaled(fish as red snapper, porgies, branzino).
- You need 1 of potatoes.
- You need 5 of calamata olives.
- It’s 5 of capers.
- Prepare 2 Tbls of olive oil.
- It’s 2 Tbls of white wine.
- You need of Salt and pepper to season.
Squeeze the lemon juice over the fish, potatoes and onions, sprinkle with the parsley and serve. You can use halibut, grouper or cod for this simple Mediterranean baked fish recipe, so just choose what looks best at your market. Look for herbes de Provence, an aromatic spice blend, at most grocery stores. Spread potatoes in the dish, season with salt and pepper, and place fish fillets on top.
Whole Baked Fish with potatoes and olives step by step
- Peel potatoes, slice it and pre cook it on the pan with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and 1 Tbsp of white wine for 10 minutes on the low heat (it doesn’t have to be fully cooked).
- Slice olives in half and add to potatoes.
- Place your fish in the oven proof dish, add olive oil salt and pepper to season..
- Arrange potatoes with olives around the fish, add capers and the rest of the white wine. Preheat oven to 375F. Cook the fish for about 30 min..
- When the fish is done, carefully peel the skin off and separate the fish from the bone. You can drizzle with lemon juice and extra olive oil. Enjoy! I.
Scatter peppers and tomatoes over fish. Add a little more salt and pepper. Sprinkle fish inside with salt and lay butterfly style in steep sided baking dish. Wash and dry the fresh produce. Cut the potatoes into ¼-inch rounds.