Parma ham, egg & capers open sandwich. To cook the hollandaise – get your pan on. This sauce is cooked over the boil with a glass bowl. Put on the butter to melt.
When ready, remove the eggs with slotted spoon and drain on a tea towel or paper towel. While your eggs are cooking lay the Parma Ham in the griddle pan that you have just used for the potatoes. The heat must be switched off – there will be just enough residual heat to crisp up each slice of Parma ham. You can have Parma ham, egg & capers open sandwich using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Parma ham, egg & capers open sandwich
- It’s 2 of hard-boiled eggs, sliced.
- You need 2 slices of sourdough bread (I used sourdough spelt bread but any sourdough bread works).
- Prepare of Good-quality butter (I used salted Guernsey butter on this occasion).
- Prepare 6 slices of Parma ham.
- It’s 2 of large lettuce leaves.
- Prepare 1 of large vine tomato, sliced.
- It’s of Small pinch sea salt.
- It’s 8 of thin slices cucumber.
- It’s 2 tsp of capers.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need A few of crisps.
As I'm sure you'll agree, they're all ingredients that are worth shouting about on an individual level. But when you put them together? You've got a breakfast/brunch behemoth that's sunny, savoury and certain to put a smile on your face. Got ten minutes to spare in the morning?
Parma ham, egg & capers open sandwich instructions
- Butter one (now top!) side of each bread slice, generously but not over-profusely..
- To each slice of bread, add a slice of Parma ham and smear a little butter over it..
- Next add another slice of Parma ham, then slices of hard-boiled egg and then a final slice of Parma ham..
- Add a lettuce leaf to each slice of bread, then some tomato slices. Sprinkle a very little sea salt on the tomatoes and then add 4 slices of cucumber..
- Mix the capers, mayonnaise and lemon juice together and carefully spoon over the salad items..
- Garnish with a few crisps..
Drape a slice of parma ham over each bagel and scatter with grated cheddar cheese and thyme. Top with cherry tomatoes and season with salt and black pepper. Parma ham (Prosciutto di Parma) presented on a wooden board with a checked napkin. Follow the steps below to make spaghetti carbonara. Remove the egg out of the liquid with a slotted spoon, place paper towel to drain, and season with a pinch of salt.