Chicken with artichokes and olives. Imbued with the classic Mediterranean flavors of artichokes, garlic, mint and olives, this braised chicken is complex and highly satisfying, with a white wine sauce brightened with lemon. Chicken, artichokes and olives in a tangy lemony broth…this is dinner, an amazing dinner. Serve it with rice or some crusty bread or both because you're going to want to sop up the broth.
In a bowl, mix orange juice, broth and honey; pour over top. To serve remaining chicken, mix gremolata ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over chicken and artichoke mixture. You can have Chicken with artichokes and olives using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken with artichokes and olives
- It’s 400 g (1 can) of artichokes, drained and diced.
- It’s 140 g of pitted kalimata olives (rinsed once and cut into halves).
- It’s 450 g of chicken breast fillet (no skin).
- You need 1 1/5 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried ground ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- You need 1/4 of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of white wine (optional).
- Prepare of Olive oil (I used the bland one, not virgin).
Serve this saucy artichoke-and-olive studded stew over barley. Lemony chicken and artichokes are topped with a bright and tangy relish of green. Remove chicken to a platter; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining half of chicken.
Chicken with artichokes and olives instructions
- Cut chicken into some medium piece. Don't cut it too small (aim for size of chicken tenders).
- Mixed flour with salt and 1/4 paprika powder and mixed well..
- Coat chicken lightly with the flour mixture and set aside. It doesn't have to be perfect..
- Heat the olive oil on skillet and brown the chicken pieces..
- Add in chicken stock, artichokes, kalimata olives, ground ginger and the remaining of paprika powder, cook until all ingredients cooked through in low-medium heat for 5-10 mins..
- Taste the food, and adjust to your liking. The kalimata olives and the chicken stock already add enough salt to the dish, you may not need to add more salt (I didn't put salt on mine)..
- Add in the white wine, let it simmer for another 3-5 minutes and let the alcohol evaporated. You can skip this step if you are looking for halal food..
- You can thicken the stock if needed by adding the remaining flour with 1.5 tbsp of water. Let it simmer until stock is thicken. Your food is now ready to serve!.
The flavors of the Mediterranean spruce up this homey, braised chicken dish served over a bed of orzo. All Reviews for Braised Chicken With Artichokes, Olives, and Lemon. Return the chicken to the pan and add the artichokes, both kinds of olives, and the capers. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve. For this easy chicken recipe, add Mediterranean flavor by topping the chicken with a mixure of artichokes, olives and Dijon mustard.