Caramel Shortbread. Caramel shortbread is a deliciously naughty little snack packed full of evil calories! Simple shortbread, rich homemade caramel This Millionaire's Shortbread is the perfect trifecta: Sweet simple, crisp shortbread, rich chewy, homemade caramel, and thick dark chocolate ganache. Millionaire's shortbread is easy to make with condensed milk caramel and a buttery biscuit base.
These chocolate caramel squares are a showstopper! My grandchildren look for Grandma's "candy bar cookies" every Christmas. I recommend doubling the recipe for these sweet treats because they go so fast. You can have Caramel Shortbread using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caramel Shortbread
- You need 9 oz of SR Flour.
- It’s 6 oz of Margarine.
- You need 3 oz of Caster Sugar.
- You need of Topping.
- Prepare 6 oz of Margarine.
- It’s 4 oz of Caster Sugar.
- It’s 14 oz of Condensed Milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Golden Syrup.
- It’s of Few drops Vanilla Essence.
- It’s 6 oz of Chocolate.
Caramel Shortbread Recipe: Crisp and decadent caramel stuffed shortbread sandwich cookies, made from the perfect butter cut-out cookie recipe! Caramel Shortbread Bars are delicious shortbread topped with rice krispie filled caramel, which is then topped with chocolate and sea salt! With buttery layers of crumbly shortbread, sticky caramel made with our creamy Carnation Condensed Milk and rich dark and white chocolate, these little squares really hit the jackpot! Download Caramel shortbread stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.
Caramel Shortbread instructions
- Mix the flour and the sugar and rub in margarine. Tip into a square tin and press down. Bake for 20-25 mins in oven at 160 degrees. Leave until cool..
- For the filling – Melt the margarine, sugar and syrup in a saucepan to melt. Then add condensed milk and syrup. Allow to bubble and simmer for 6 mins stirring continuously..
- Pour over cold shortbread base. Again leave to cool..
- Melt chocolate in a bowl then pour over the caramel. Leave to set.
- Then mark into bars!.
This indulgent take on a millionaire's shortbread has a modern twist with a thick layer of salted caramel in the middle. The Caramel Shortbread reminds me SO much of it. Perhaps its the elderberries in it? Not sure, but creamy and delicious without anything added to it. Try our salted caramel shortbread recipe.