Caramel Apple Scones. A drizzle of caramel complements the apple and whole wheat flavors of these rustic-looking scones. Caramel Apple Scones Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Homemade caramel apple cinnamon scones with crunchy tops, warm centers, and caramel Caramel Apple Cinnamon Scones.
Watch the video showing you how to make these scones, then scroll to the bottom of. How to Make Caramel Apple Pecan Scones. Once the scone dough has been chilling for about an hour, take the dough out of the freezer, get out your trusty tools, and get ready to bake the scones. You can cook Caramel Apple Scones using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caramel Apple Scones
- It’s of Scones: 2 cups all-purpose flour plus more for later.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 stick of plus 2 tbsp cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Prepare 2 of apples (your choice) cored and cut into 1/2- to 3/4 inch cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of caramel cubes.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s of Glaze: 2 Tbsp heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of melted caramel.
Apple Salted Caramel Scones are the perfect treat to enjoy this fall. Filled with all the warm spices, these apple scones are flaky, buttery and topped with my favorite homemade salted caramel sauce! Unbelievably delicious scones loaded with apples and salted caramel – my new perfect treat for breakfast! Apple Scones Recipe Caramel apples aren't a big deal in my house for a few very-good-reasons.
Caramel Apple Scones instructions
- Preheat oven to 350*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper..
- To make scones: In a big bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon..
- Add butter and use your hands to rub into the flour mixture slightly, still leaving it in chunks. (Thick dime- to quarter-size pieces..
- Gently mix in the apples and caramel. (I prefer my hands).
- Gradually add the buttermilk while very lightly folding the dough with your hands. Mix until just combined, turn out the dough onto a flour-covered surface, and pat into a circle 1 to 1 1/2 inched thick. Cut the dough into 8 wedges and place them a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheet..
- To glaze the scones: Brush the tops of the scones with the melted caramel and cream. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle the cones..
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and stick a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool and a rack..
Personally, I can't seem to get. This scone recipe was adapted from Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake and it results in some of the the lightest, fluffiest. It smells like a fall day." That was the reaction the first time we baked these moist, flavorful scones. They're easy and delicious with this simple recipe and the addition of apples and Marzetti® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip. Caramel Apple Scones recipe: Try this Caramel Apple Scones recipe, or contribute your own.