Quick caramel frosting. more recipes like quick caramel frosting. This is a great recipe–not too sweet or too thick. I would recommend having dry ingredients measured out before starting.
Add brown sugar and milk; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Blend in confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth. Caramel Frosting With Brown Sugar And Cream. You can cook Quick caramel frosting using 6 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick caramel frosting
- You need 1/4 cup of margarine or butter melted.
- You need 1/2 cup of firmly packed brown sugar.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of milk.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of sifted powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.
A sweet caramel-flavored frosting, perfect for topping all types of cakes and cupcakes. Most icing recipes don't take quite as much stirring, mixing, cooking, and caramelizing, but, then again, most icing recipes don't even come close to being quite as delicious as this caramel icing. Homemade caramel frosting is a labor of love. It takes time and patience but the result is lick-the-spoon good, every time.
Quick caramel frosting step by step
- Melt butter or margarine in sauce pan. Stir in brown sugar and salt. Cook two minutes over low heat stirring constantly. Add milk and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in sifted confectioners sugar. Add vanilla and mix well. If too thick, add additional milk. Work fast. Frosting sets very quickly..
To make the Caramel base for The Best Caramel Buttercream Frosting you will need Brown Sugar, Milk and Butter. In heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk. Cook and stir over a low heat until the brown sugar is dissolved and the butter is melted. Rich, creamy, silky smooth, fluffy, stable, holds its shape. It's finally time to add this no cook caramel buttercream frosting or caramel icing (as some people like to call it), to my ever-growing collection of Frosting and Fillings.